cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 19

Re: Confused? I am!

You are getting emails that have been incorrectly addressed i. e intended for someone else (possibly the other person is also getting incorrectly addressed mail) neither you nor they are getting emails incorrectly that are correctly addressed to the intended recipient.

mm2
Contributor
Message 12 of 19

well, I'm not too sure about that!  I've been a Facebook user for a few years now, and have my BT e-mail address linked to my FB account.  I have never changed the linked e-mail address and till recently I got notification e-mail into my BT account from FB but those stopped some time ago.  then I started getting this message from FB, I've had it 3 times now over the past weeks:

facebook email redacted.jpg

NB: I have redacted my e-mail address in the above screenshot, but it is definitely my correct btinternet.com address, the same one which has always been linked to my FB account.  when I try to do an update using the same address, I get the message that my address is already in use for 'another account'. 

so of course, I am wondering what 'other account' has my address in use and whether  it's the other person whose e-mails I get from BT who is now getting my FB notifications???

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 19

When you try to "update" an email address to the same email address you will get the message that it is already being used by another account. That is because it is being used by you. The system does not state whose account is using it only that it is presently in use.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
mm2
Contributor
Message 14 of 19

sure, but why have my FB notifications stopped coming into my BT e-mail inbox, and they are saying they 'can't reach' me at that address if it's being used by my FB account?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 19

It could be because the email message from Facebook is being blocked as spam.

0 Ratings
mm2
Contributor
Message 16 of 19

they don't go into my spam box, I check and empty it daily, they are just not getting through but thanks!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 19

Have you checked your Facebook account setting to ensure that all is as it should be regarding contact address etc? 

0 Ratings
mm2
Contributor
Message 18 of 19

yes, every time I get the message saying they 'can't reach' me, my Facebook btinternet mail address is definitely right, I've never edited it and I had no trouble with missing notifications till recently, about the same time as the e-mails from BT that were meant for someone else started up again last month
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 19

Ok. Best to wait and see what the moderators come back with.

0 Ratings