cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Message 31 of 37

Re: Connecting email account with a non-BT email

Thanks for the extra info.

Is there by any chance anything in the Outbox ? It might be possible older failed emails are preventing newer created emails from being sent. Perhaps move those emails elsewhere, and try to send a new email.

0 Ratings
aliyajade
Beginner
Message 32 of 37

Unfortunately not....

thanks anyway

0 Ratings
Highlighted
aliyajade
Beginner
Message 33 of 37

I have just been playing with the DNS settings-this seems to have worked-I am using Google's DNS settings of 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

Can you see any problems with using these?

thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 34 of 37

@aliyajade wrote:

Unfortunately not....

thanks anyway

Have you tried power-cycling your router ? Sometimes this can help. Also have you got the latest updates for Outlook ?

Treble check the BTinternet email settings and password, as well as making sure no spaces exist in the server name (including at the end).

Some online info suggests a possible incompatibility with Outlook and a Mac - but as it worked before that would negate that.

Have you tried another mail client to check ?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 35 of 37

@aliyajade wrote:

I have just been playing with the DNS settings-this seems to have worked-I am using Google's DNS settings of 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

Can you see any problems with using these?

thanks

None at all, that's what I use. Don't understand how changing DNS has worked though, very odd.

0 Ratings
enfield21
Message 36 of 37

I have the same issue.  Have an old freeserve/ orange email address that we want to hand on to and access through Microsoft outlook.  Before switching to BT we used pop3.freeserve.com as the incoming server and smtp.talktalk.net as the outgoing server (talktalk were our service providers between orange and BT).  Since moving to BT we can recieve emails but not send any.  Any ideas?  I didn't have to set up a talktalk email address when I was with them but is it a must that I set up a bt email for this to work?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 37 of 37

Yes, if you intend to use BT's SMTP server.

0 Ratings