Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alphalogan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Connecting remotely for emails

Go to solution

My local bowls club has closed temporarily during the current crisis and I have said I will check the emails from home. Unfortunately when I try and log in to BT Email and use the club's login details they are rejected as being incorrect. I was wondering if this was because I am a BT internet customer and because I am working through my Mac it only wants to use my personal email account where obviously the log in details are different. Is there a simple way round this please?

Many thanks

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
lnajr02
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: Connecting remotely for emails

Go to solution
The Email details may not be the same as the routers, talk to the club person that manages the account and confirm the login details.
if its used on a PC, you could just move the PC to Home during the current crisis.
0 Ratings
RobbieBaron
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

The club does have a BT email address as well as you?

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

If your bowls club has a BT email account all you need to log into it is open a browser at the BTMail log on page

BTMail 

and enter the bowling clubs user name, which is normally the email address and the password.  

This can be done from anywhere in the world and on any device that has a web browser.

What has probably happened in your case is that you have set you browser to store your log on and password for your own BTMail account so when you click on it it automatically enters them for you.

You should be able to over ride this simply by typing the bowling clubs details over your own details.

If it  doesn't allow you to do that you should clear the browsers history and cookies and if that still doesn't allow that you should go into the browser's settings and look for the stored password section and find the BTMail passwords and delete it. 

This will stop it automatically entering your username and password. 

0 Ratings
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

@alphaloganwrote:

My local bowls club has closed temporarily during the current crisis and I have said I will check the emails from home. Unfortunately when I try and log in to BT Email and use the club's login details they are rejected as being incorrect. I was wondering if this was because I am a BT internet customer and because I am working through my Mac it only wants to use my personal email account where obviously the log in details are different. Is there a simple way round this please?

Many thanks

If you login via your normal browser for your own emails, you could try a different browser for the bowls account only.

0 Ratings
alphalogan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Many thanks I followed your advice re history, cookies and cache together with auto fill passwords (could not open "Passwords" wanted my password and the only one I have is what I use to log onto computer) tried on another PC, tried new browser, tried new mail programme all to no avail. I can only surmise that the log in details given to me are wrong and someone has altered them without making a note on the club's record.

Once again thank you all for trying to help me.

0 Ratings
alphalogan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

As thought the login password had been changed but they forgot to advise other authorised users, thanks to everyone for trying to help and sorry for wasting your time but showed again what a helpful bunch of members we have.

Thanks 

0 Ratings