cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Carp
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 50

Re: Constant problems accessing BT email via Mac Mail and iPhone devices, common fault

No still the same problem been at it days now but no luck

0 Ratings
retrieve
Contributor
Message 12 of 50

Re: Constant problems accessing BT email via Mac Mail and iPhone devices, common fault

I have a similar problem  with BT mail in Apple Mail on my  Macbook Pro and Imac, but it is fine on my  I-phone and also online via BTMail

Most of the time the laptop Apple Mail is alright, and then it suddenly keeps asking for a password, which  is always rejected.  Usually after a couple of days everything is back to normal.  It stopped working again yesterday, so hence my Post here - anyone got a solution, please?

I probably get the problem every 6 weeks or so,  not the end of the world, but irritating when it happens as I do all my emailing on the Macbook.

0 Ratings
MAW1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 50

I have exactly the same issue from Apple Devices every few weeks - and today I cannot send emails - have to use the Web version.

It is such a pain whilst it lasts.

0 Ratings
retrieve
Contributor
Message 14 of 50

Yes, mine has suddenly started working again  - after a 24hr+ break!

There MUST be a simple explanation!

0 Ratings
MAW1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 50

Yes Mine working too.

0 Ratings
VronG
Message 16 of 50

Exactly the same!  Mine went off about 3 weeks ago- tried the logging in to Yahoo Mail as suggested somewhere- seemed to work last time but not this time.  2 days off now and really fed up with it!

0 Ratings
IanSmith
Beginner
Message 17 of 50

There is the BT login system is rubbish and causing issues to auto email systems.

I can not see this ever getting fixed - mine was off for a day last week. All you can do is keep trying and it will evebtually come back. DON'T FIDDLE WITH SETTINGS it is a waste of time as it is BT end.

Use webmail to keep working.

Complete pants

0 Ratings
Carp
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 50

Never comes back. Waste of time using by now.
0 Ratings
Chezalee
Message 19 of 50

I have been experiencing the exact same set of problems for months now and like you, have ricochet back and forth between Apple and BT each blaiming the other for the problem. I have lost around 4 hours each week on the phone to either one.  I can occasionaly delete my account and re-instate it and it seems to work for a week or so and then suddenly I get the error code and I don't receive  e-mails (I can work from the Yahoo website but that's impossible to work from), sometimes I can receive e-mails but not send them. I foolishly deleted my account today from mac mail and now I can't re-instate it (BT helpfully told me that I shouldn't have deleted my account when experiencing these problems!) so it's another waiting game. Waiting for BT to fix the problem to enable me to re-instate my account. Until then I will have to work from that gawd awful Yahoo website, which is just horrible. So very frustrating!  Have you made any progress? 

0 Ratings
tonynewton
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 50

Well, until abouit 3 hours ago i would have said yes, my wife has not had a problem for some time, though nothing changed at our end, and nor have I on my mac

Now, this afternoon, all of my devices are having problems logging in. I think this may be a widespread issue, but it does again show how awful this email service is.

I look forward to the end of this year when my wife retires and will maybe allow me to give up her BTinternet email address so I can at last move away from this awful service.

0 Ratings