cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
retrieve
Contributor
Message 21 of 50

Re: Constant problems accessing BT email via Mac Mail and iPhone devices, common fault

Touch wood, I have not had the problem for several weeks now, great if it does not recur!

0 Ratings
retrieve
Contributor
Message 22 of 50

Re: Constant problems accessing BT email via Mac Mail and iPhone devices, common fault

This week has been really bad for the BT mail on my Macbook  and Imac not working -I think it has been out everyday.  It usually works for half a day, stops for  day or so and then suddenly comes back.  Have tried restarts and turning Mail off and on - no

I can get mail on my Iphone and also the online version of BT mail, so it seems my password and username are in order.

I know I am old-fashioned (!), but I just find it easier to use my laptop for e-mailing as it has the information I need on it,  and find it very frustrating not being able to rely on what is very user friendly for me when it is working.

I would really welcome advice if any could help me, please?!

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 50

Hi @retrieve,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry you're having issues accessing your BT email through Mac Mail.

I'd like to take a look at this for you. 

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact me. You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Message 24 of 50

Hi @retrieve  thanks for your PM. I've dropped you an email please can you reply to it with the screenshots attached and I will be able to view them.

cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Message 25 of 50

Hi @retrieve  thanks for emailing the screenshots. I've sent them on to the email team and will update you when they get back to me.

cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
retrieve
Contributor
Message 26 of 50

Thank you, bt Mail back working this morning!

Diana

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 27 of 50

@retrievewrote:

Thank you, bt Mail back working this morning!

Diana

Hi.

Is this a coincidence, or have you been told what (if anything) has been done? I assume you've not been informed to change any settings ...

0 Ratings
retrieve
Contributor
Message 28 of 50

I have had useful conversations with BT who are looking into my settings to see if anything needs altering, but have not changed anything yet.  I think the Bt mail not working for 12 hours and then starting again is just a demonstration of what is happening to me with BT mail on Macbook.  Just going through a worse stage at the moment but hope to get it sorted eventually so I can rely on it.

Diana

0 Ratings
Carp
Aspiring Contributor
Message 29 of 50

I tried for months. Endless long conversations...do this ... do that.  Hours and hours.  Nothing works.  I switched to gmail. Never had a problem since. 

0 Ratings
retrieve
Contributor
Message 30 of 50

Well, I am still hopeful that it will be sorted!  Not wanting to change my main e-mail - will mean letting everyone know as well as having to get new cards, stationery etc printed, so keeping fingers crossed!

Diana

0 Ratings