cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markw2
Beginner
Message 31 of 67

Re: Constant problems accessing BT email via Mac Mail and iPhone devices, common fault

Diana/retrieve has your issue been resolved?

I experience the same or similar issues as many of you on this thread but this month it is much worse. I haven't been able to access my bt yahoo mail through Mac Mail on my MacBook since 2nd August. 

The issues that I have had for a number of years is that while my bt yahoo mail works on my iPhone periodically it doesn't work within mac mail on my MacBook. As for others this typically lasts for either a few hours or days. Its never been clear what resolves the situation but it did seem that logging in via the web often resolved. However since the 2nd August I've not been able to connect on the MacBook. I get a "Can't connect to the account" message in Mac Mail and "Unable to verify account name and password" when re-entering the password.

Any update or advice from any of you to resolve this would be much appreciated. thanks Mark

0 Ratings
retrieve
Contributor
Message 32 of 67

Re: Constant problems accessing BT email via Mac Mail and iPhone devices, common fault

Mark,

No, still not resolved and, like you, it's been much worse the last 3 or so weeks.  Until then it was about once a month - annoying but it did come back again for much longer periods than now.  Like you,no problem whatsoever with my phone (Iphone 6)

BT are being really helpful via the Forum and have gone through all my settings etc.  One possibility is that someone is using a phone, tablet or device that I passed on to them with my old password and I am being locked out for security.  Sadly not the case as the only 2 devices I had are sitting unused in a drawer here.

I will certainly put a post on here if a solution is found.

Diana

0 Ratings
markw2
Beginner
Message 33 of 67

Diana.  Thank you for keeping us updated.  Like you I don't believe that someone else is using one of my old devices as I can account for them and can login from my iPhone and web mail access in Safari on the MacBook. 

Has anyone tried going into an Apple Store and paying for a technician to look at the problem?    thanks Mark

0 Ratings
retrieve
Contributor
Message 34 of 67

BT Mail has not worked on my computers since August 30th - by far the longest malfunction that I have had.  Anyone else having similar problems?

Diana

0 Ratings
markw2
Beginner
Message 35 of 67

I've still not been able to connect from my MacBook at anytime since 2nd August.  Problem is even worse today as I can't connect from either my iPhone or through a web browser.

Interested to hear from anyone with a solution. thanks Mark

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 36 of 67

0 Ratings
Dode
Expert
Message 37 of 67

I have one Yahoo account and one BTYahoo account and both will not connect at the moment. This seems very much like a Yahoo problem. All others are OK.

0 Ratings
retrieve
Contributor
Message 38 of 67

Hello John,

I am still having problems with my MacMail and Outlook on Macbook and Imac.  No service for 2 and a half days over the weekend August 31/Sunday September 1st and no service  until around 1-2pm each day.  After the weekend most of my mail had gone into Junk (it was not junk)  Any more ideas, please?

Diana

0 Ratings
Message 39 of 67

Hi @markw2 Thanks for checking out historic devices and eliminating that. We would like to look into your issue further so I have sent you a private message.
Check here: https://community.bt.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
retrieve
Contributor
Message 40 of 67

Hello John,
I cannot find your latest message in my Private messazges - Ihink it may have gone to @markw2 instead?

retrieve
(Diana)
0 Ratings