cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Constatly being locked out of email

I use a VPN and a browser spoofer (chameleon) and it seems to trigger bt email.

I'm keep getting locked out of my email for security reasons meanwhile my own attempts at being secure on the internet by using a VPN and spoofer are deeming me the security risk !

Why don't they just verify me, via any number of the options they have on record, send me a PIN via mobile and let me verify instead of immediately being locked out.

How can I permanently resolve this ?

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Constatly being locked out of email

I understand completely how you feel,every 2-3 months i go to log in to my email & the page just will not open, like you it's so annoying,i am now aware of it & i pause my vpn & the log in page opens ok & i get in.But i do not believe that i should have to pause  what i regard as a layer of security  in order to access my email.I'm considering moving to another email provider.I have my bt email address  as a contact point for various things ,i consider secure websites & it will i think be a big job to change everything but what i don't want is to one day find that i will not be able to access my bt email,that would be a nightmare  situation.

I don't know why it happens,not tech.enough,but BT must be aware of it ,why can't they fix it.