cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Astrodan
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Contacts group lists sorting by first name, not surname

Hi, my BTmail contacts main list is sorted by surname, but the groups lists are all sorted by first name. I know the main list has a down arrow to toggle between first name and surname for sorting, but I can't see anything similar for any of the groups lists. Does anyone know how to change the groups lists sorting?

Thank you.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Contacts group lists sorting by first name, not surname

How to sort contacts within your Group works in the same way as in the Main contact list. Once you have opened your group you click on the arrow to the right of magnifying glass next to the search box and it gives you the option.

0 Ratings
Astrodan
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Thanks, but there is no search box visible in the group list box, just the search box in the main list, which only toggles the main list. Nothing seems to change the group list order

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

When click on the Contacts button in the menu bar and open the Contacts page if you then click on "Main" it should show all your Groups and if you then click on one of your groups do you have the same as this picture and if not can you post a picture of what you do have.

Contacts.PNG

0 Ratings
Astrodan
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Yes, that's exactly what I have. The down arrow you've circled in red only woks on the main list, but none of the goups,

Since first messaging, I talked to someone on the BT helpline, who passed it on to their tech people. Seemingly there is a software fault, and they are going to rebuild that particular system, and let me know. 

Thanks for your help in the meantime, and I'll post the result here when/if I get it.

0 Ratings