cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Creating A 2nd Email Address

Go to solution

I want to set-up a new Email address as a second one to my primary email address. I understand I can have up to 10 different addresses. I have checked the Help menu and followed through it several times, but can't seem to get to the Add A New Email Address section. I see I can link other existing email addresses (which I don't have), but not create a new one. Any ideas.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Creating A 2nd Email Address

Go to solution

When you get to the manage email section on your MyBT the "Create new email address" button should be in the "Active Email Addresses" box which is the first item on the page.

Email Create.PNG

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

Unfortunately, that box is not there. Just the Got To Favourite Mailbox box.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

TB2020_0-1631454675928.png

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

Edit out your email address in the picture you posted. This is a public forum and you could end up getting loads of spam.

Are you the BT Broadband account holder?

Can you try a different browser to see if the box shows there? If it does not I suspect it will take moderator intervention to have have your BTID populated.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

Thank you. Never thought about spammers. Yes, I am the account holder.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

Hi @TB2020,

If you can't add on another account, your BT ID might not be set up as the Account Holder. It might have Account Manager rights which lets you view bills but not create new emails.

Take a look at Account holder or Account manager?

Scroll down and take a look at 'I should be the Account holder but I'm currently listed as an Account manager. How can I change this?'. Follow those steps and let me know if this helps at all as I may need to look into this for you.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

@TB2020 On my MyBT it was a long way down the screen - almost missed it.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

Yes been chatting with BT on FaceBook and they seem to think for whatever reason when I upgraded my account with them they didn't link the primary email and primary account holder. I'm awaiting confirmation of them fixing it.

Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

They've reached out to me @TB2020.

Can you check my previous post and follow it as it does appear that your MyBT doesn't have primary account holder status. To avoid any confusion, Dom will keep replying to you until this is sorted.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings