Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Xenon
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Creating Disposable email addresses on BTYahoo mail

Go to solution

While I know that there have been changes to the BTMail service in this area I have seen no reference ( or received any emails from BT) to suggest any proposed changes to the BT Yahoo Mail service.

However, when trying to create a new disposable email address today I find that I cannot!  Does anybody know if something has changed?

Facts:

I have always used BT Yahoo Mail and never been migrated to BTMail (thankfully!)

I have created many disposables before without any problems (with both .co.uk and more recently .com suffixes)

I have tried several browsers which makes no difference

I have not used all 500 available addresses

I have tried the Classic View web access which would lead to an address ending in .co.uk but get an error message requesting a "valid disposable address" ( This makes some sense as I believe Yahoo are forcing all addresses to be .com now)

I have tried the new BT Yahoo Mail interface and accessed via Settings>more settings>Mailboxes>Disposable email address and I find that the ADD box is greyed-out.

Today is the first time I have been forced into using this new interface so I am wondering if this is the route of the problem?

So three questions really:

1. Is the service meant to be available?

2. Is this a temporary fault that other are experiencing?

3. Am I accessing it wrongly? 

Any constructive ideas gratefully received.

Thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Creating Disposable email addresses on BTYahoo mail

Go to solution

Hi @Xenon,

I'd like to get this looked into for you. I will need your BT Yahoo Mail email address and BT details submitted through our form before we can investigate.

To get in touch with us, click on my user name, view profile, and then copy and paste the link under "Moderation Team Email Address" into your browser.  Complete that form and we'll get back in touch with you. It may take us 1-2 working days before we can get back to you.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Xenon
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

After the intervention of the Mods and a discussion with some folks in the complaints team I have been advised:

” The facility to create new disposable email addresses is no longer available for BT Yahoo Mail account users”

So, it seems all users, both BTMail and BT Yahoo Mail, have lost this facility. 

There doesn’t seem to have been any advance warning of this change for BT Yahoo  Mail users  and the help pages didn’t highlight that it had occurred. I’m told that the Help pages will be rewritten to reflect the current position.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

@Xenonwrote:

After the intervention of the Mods and a discussion with some folks in the complaints team I have been advised:

” The facility to create new disposable email addresses is no longer available for BT Yahoo Mail account users”

So, it seems all users, both BTMail and BT Yahoo Mail, have lost this facility. 

There doesn’t seem to have been any advance warning of this change for BT Yahoo  Mail users  and the help pages didn’t highlight that it had occurred. I’m told that the Help pages will be rewritten to reflect the current position.

BT are extremely poor with their help information. They change things and alter the Help details when someone spots it - and that someone is not BT.

They do this the wrong way round a lot of the time - but at least they got it right for BTMail :-

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/48151/

0 Ratings