Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
morrig47
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Creating Folders on BT Yahoo Mail

Go to solution

I am unable to create folders or sub folders opn BT Yahoo Mail. The correct box for creating new folders appears with no issue, but after typing in the name of the folder I get the following message.

"Sorry, an unknown error has occurred. Please try again. If the issue persists, please contact customer care."

I have tried to create a folder over 3-4 days just in case it was a temporary fault, but no joy. I am using a Mac/OS Yosemite with Safari as the browser. Thus far I have cleared history and cache.

Any thoughts much appreciated!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Creating Folders on BT Yahoo Mail

Go to solution

Hi morrig47,

Thanks for posting. Are you still having problems with this? Can you post a few screen shots of the issue you’re seeing and we’ll do our best to help.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
morrig47
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Screen Shot 2015-06-04 at 08.59.16.pngDavid - thanks for getting back to me, much appreciated.

Yes the issue still remains. I have been in contact with BT, but so far the issue remains unresolved. One adviser "took over" my Mac, but to no avail. The adviser then said he would take the issue to a higher level and that BT would get back to me within 48hrs.

Just to clarify I am able to retrieve the new folder box with no problem, but when I type in the name I get the message above. 

Apologies for the size of the image, but this is how it comes out when I add an image!

0 Ratings
morrig47
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

In case anyone has a similar issue then this is the solution as provided by BT. Apparently there is a limit to the number of folders that can be created on BT Yahoo Mail. I had reached that limit thus prompting the rather vague and unhelful error message. I reviewed my folder structure and deleted some of the them and I am now able to add new folders.

It might also be useful for people to know that it appears sub folders cannot be created in BT Yahoo Mail itself, but if you create such folders on mail clients such as Mac Mail or Outlook Mail they will be reflected in BT Yahoo Mail. 

I understand, but cannot verify, that there is a way of creating sub folders on BT Mail.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Mike5531
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

"Apparently there is a limit to the number of folders that can be created on BT Yahoo Mail"

Indeed so.  It looks as if this limit is 512 (=2^10) folders. Which demolishes the breezy assurance at http://help.yahoo.com/uk/bt/tutorials/cg/cg_manage2.html that: "BT Yahoo! Mail lets you create AS MANY personal mail folders AS YOU WANT". [my emphasis].

I have had exactly the same error message, which disappears if I first delete one existing folder.  But only for one replacement folder!

0 Ratings