Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CelloWoman
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Creating a second email address

Go to solution

Hello. I am having exactly the same problem as the forum user above. There is no box to 'create new email' I too have been using disposible addresses for 'casual' emails but am trying to create a second email address to use for this purpose. I did a BT 'chat' last week for 45 minutes and he was unable to help me but gave me a phone number. I then spent an hour on the phone going round in circles. The woman eventually said she would ring me back but never did. Please can you help? Thank you

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
DanielS
Message 2 of 5

Re: Creating a second email address

Go to solution

Hi @CelloWoman,

We'll need to check your MyBT and BT email accounts out to find out what's happening for you. To get in touch with us, click on my user name, view profile, and then copy and paste the link under "Moderation Team Email Address" into your browser.  Complete that form and we'll get back in touch with you. It may take us 1-2 working days before we can get back to you.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
StephanieG
Community Manager - Retired
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @CelloWoman sorry I missed you when I called there.

It looks like this is because the account holder needs to make their BT ID the primary one (currently neither of your two BT IDs are set as primary). This will then allow them to manage their inbox and link your email address.

The instructions on how to do this are here, specifically:

Account holder (Primary BT ID)

You're the legal owner of the account. You're responsible for paying the bills and for deciding who has access to the BT services you pay for. You can:

• Use services
  • View bills
  • Manage settings online
  • Manage phone settings
  • Access all BT Extras such as BT Sport, BT Cloud, BT Wi-fi, BT Email, TrueKey, BT Parental Controls, BT Web Protect and BT Virus Protect

Please follow the steps below:

1. Log in to My BT >
  2. Click on Settings and Your account
  3. Scroll down and you'll see if you're an Account holder or Account manager
  4. Click on the I should be the Account holder link and follow the steps

Can you please let us know how you get on? If you have any more problems after this I'll be happy to look into this further.

Thanks

CelloWoman
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Hi Stephanie. Thank you for your phone call and advice on this message forum. Your suggestion has worked and I have now been able to create a second email address for myself. Thank you so much for your help.

0 Ratings
StephanieG
Community Manager - Retired
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

@CelloWoman that's excellent news, thanks for updating your thread and letting us know it worked 🙂

0 Ratings