cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

Delete my BT Yahoo Email account.

I have exactly the same problem. The bt yahoo is no longer used and I wish to delete it and I cannot see a way to do it or find any contact who can help . I expected the account to close automatically when I moved to a new email address and opted not to pay for the bt email.
Perhaps moderator could help?
Thanks

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Message 2 of 11

Re: Delete my BT Yahoo Email account.

Welcome to the Community @central.

I have moved your post into a new thread so it's easier for us to help you with this one.

Normally an email account will be disabled after 90 days of inactivity sorry if your account has stayed active after this period.

I've sent you a Private Message with details on how you can get in contact with the mod team.

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 11

Hello

Further to my contact last December my old free btopenworld email has not been cancelled. I have had complaints from contacts that they are receiving nuisance emails using my details. I checked yesterday on a password app whether that account had been pwned which it had twice.  

Not sure what to do can you help?
Thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

Deleting your account will have absolutely no effect on your contacts receiving mails purportedly coming from you. They will not have originated from your address, it would have been spoofed. Once your contact details have been stolen (however long ago) they cannot be 'unstolen'. The scammers will have access to it for ever.

Other than warn your contacts to delete any mail supposedly originating from that address, there is absolutely nothing anybody can do.

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 11

Thanks for that I understand that my contacts were stolen some time ago and once they are gone they are gone. I had expected the account to close after advice from the community last December.

I still don't understand why the email address cannot be closed. I am no longer a BT customer and do not pay for the account. BT still say it will automatically close within 90 days which is what was said several years ago when I moved to a new address.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 11

What leads you to believe it hasn't been closed.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 11

Because I can log on and see emails.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 11

Fair enough. I'll ask if one of the mods can delete it for you.

Did you actually contact the mods as invited in December?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 9 of 11

Thanks. I was in contact with the moderators emailed some details and spoke with someone on the phone.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 10 of 11

Hi @central sorry that your email address does not appear to be deleted. I've sent you a Private Message with details on how to contact the Mod team and we'll be happy to check on this for you.

cheers

John