cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 14

Re: Deleted Yahoo Email

Go to solution

Hi @Franny1,

Thank you for sending in your details. I gave both your home number and mobile a quick call, I'm sorry I didn't get speaking to you today. Can you try signing into email management page using your BT ID? You should now be able to reactivate that email address.

You can access the email management page here - bt.com/btmail/emailmanagement

Please give that a try and let me know how you get on?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Franny1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 14

Go to solution
Thank you all very much for your help I have got my email back. Sorry for long wait on reply I work silly hrs!
When I start to type in my email on it I get a few variants to my addy. Does this mean someone has been making other addresses from here?
This is second time email had been hacked maybe?? Files deleted and passwords changed. Last time they had used money vouchers I had stored there so I no longer do that!! Lesson learnt.
But thank you very much you have all been fantastic help.
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 14

Go to solution

Hi @Franny1,

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm happy you have your email back.

Your email wasn't marked as compromised (hacked) at our end. It had been suspended for inactivity after it was locked out. I would recommend changing your passwords for your BT ID/email. I would highly recommend that you use a different password for your BT service and email than for any other site. Should a different site be hacked at least you would know that your password for your email isn't compromised.

However; you can check to see if there are any unfamiliar emails associated to your account by logging into the email management page: BT Email Management - If there are any emails there that you do not know, then please click on delete or else let me know and I'll be in touch. This shouldn't be anything to worry about though.

I'll include a few of our useful links:

Is the email I have received genuine?

What can I do to protect my safety, security and privacy online?

How to create strong passwords and keep them secure

Do you need any other help or are you happy that everything is resolved? 

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Franny1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 14

Go to solution
Thank you all for your help you have all been fantastic. If I need anything further I will not hesitate to get in touch.
So happy to have my email back 😁😁