Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ChrispyB
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Deleted email addresses still appearing

Go to solution

I currently have 3 live email addresses linked to my BT ID.  My account allows me to have up to 11 addresses, so in theory 8 should still be available.

Some time ago though, I created 4 addresses just for temporary use, and I deleted them very soon after.  For some reason though they still appear to be linked to my ID, which means the screen is saying that I have used 7 of my available addresses.

I now need to create 5 more addresses!

The deleted addresses are completely empty and there is no option on the screen to re-open them or rename them in order to use them again.  But they are blocking me from creating the new addresses that I need.

I've just had a very unsatisfactory on line chat with the BT help desk who merely told me it's not possible to clear them.  So what is the point of allowing them to be deleted if they are still going to block up my system?  I wish I'd never deleted them in the first place.

Does anyone know if there is a way around this please?  I can't be the only person having this issue!

Thanks for any suggestions.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Deleted email addresses still appearing

Go to solution

Hi @ChrispyB

Thanks for your post and welcome back!

Sorry that the mailboxes you created are still showing up against your allowance.  There is a way around this but the community isn't going to be able to help I'm afraid.  We will need to take this offline to sort out.

Can you send me over your details and we'll get back to you?  Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
ChrispyB
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks for the prompt response Robbie, I've sent the details and got my reference number.

0 Ratings
ChrispyB
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

It's very easy these days to complain and write negative reviews, but I just wanted to ackowledge the amazing service I received from the Mods (John and Robbie) in response to this issue.

The problem has been fixed efficiently and promptly, and their communication has been brilliant. 

Thanks guys!

Chris

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

@ChrispyB Thanks for posting that great feedback, I'll make sure to pass it on Smiley Very Happy

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
old_email
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

@ChrispyB wrote:

It's very easy these days to complain and write negative reviews, but I just wanted to ackowledge the amazing service I received from the Mods (John and Robbie) in response to this issue.

The problem has been fixed efficiently and promptly, and their communication has been brilliant. 

Thanks guys!

Chris

If you can get through to a mod on here they are indeed very helpful.  I'd guess that most BT users aren't even aware of the Community and the main question remains - why is first level support so awful.

I've just had the most unsatisfactory discussion about a problem with my package renewal and the guy said "we've been on the phone 10 mins, do you want the line rental saver or not!"  Totally missing why I had called in the first place which is why we'd ended up on the phone for 'so long'. 

Anyway back to topic, there are those that understand the issues and can resolve them, thankfully.
0 Ratings