cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Deleting BT yahoo email account

I left BT broadband and landline 4 years ago and despite several attempts through BT, they have failed to delete my btinternet.com email account.  They usually suggest I login to BT and delete it there, but as I no longer have an account, this is not possible. I have not logged on for 90 days as requested, but the account is still live.  Can anyone help?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Deleting BT yahoo email account

@Swan20 

How do you know its live, can you still send and receive email from it?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Yes I can!  

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 7

@Swan20 Thanks for posting and welcome to the BT.com community forums. I've sent you a Private Message with details on how you can get in contact with the mod team and we'll be able to help you delete that email account.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 7

@Swan20wrote:

I left BT broadband and landline 4 years ago and despite several attempts through BT, they have failed to delete my btinternet.com email account.  They usually suggest I login to BT and delete it there, but as I no longer have an account, this is not possible. I have not logged on for 90 days as requested, but the account is still live.  Can anyone help?

Why not simply stop using it?

Even an account not logged in within the 90 days (and can be longer, as there's a 60 day period when the account can be resurrected) - so it might be 150 days of inactivity.

If you're effectively waiting for emails to the account to bounce as non-existent account, then this may not always happen. Emails to deleted accounts do not always bounce ...

However the mods will do it for you 🙂

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Thank you. Some of my contacts annoyingly still send emails to my old account. So I have missed some important emails. It would be nice if those emails were returned as undeliverable. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

@Swan20 wrote:

Thank you. Some of my contacts annoyingly still send emails to my old account. So I have missed some important emails. It would be nice if those emails were returned as undeliverable. 

In which case, until the account is deleted, you should set up forwarding so that all the emails that are sent to the BTYahoo account are picked up by your other email account. This will negate the need for you to keep accessing the BTYahoo account, which will be showing it as still active, to check for any emails