Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rphope
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 24

Re: Deleting Emails in new system

Go to solution

I'm afraid it's still no no no.

Looks to me like you are commenting without having actually seen the new BTmail layout. (Not the BTYahoo mail)

It is currently in rollout, due to complete over the next few months.

In updated versions of Edge, Chrome and IE there is no longer a 'delete' option in the grey bar.

It is possible to delete an email with one click on the new popup trashcan, but only when in the folder list and before reading it.

Once the email is opened it needs 2 clicks to delete it.

Suggest you wait until it arrives on your system. 

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 24

Go to solution

I can assure you I am talking about the new BTMail layout!

I was "moved" onto it over six months ago and I have used it and deleted emails from it and the screen shot I posted was taken from it!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 24

Go to solution

@rphope wrote:

Looks to me like you are commenting without having actually seen the new BTmail layout. (Not the BTYahoo mail)

Probably not the best way to get help from the top email expert on the forum!!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 24

Go to solution

@licquorice wrote:

@rphope wrote:

Probably not the best way to get help from the top email expert on the forum!!

I don't know about that but in this instance I do know what email system I am talking about.

0 Ratings
rphope
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 24

Go to solution

Had it for 6 months!  Must be magic, since the new layout did not exist 6 months ago!

Pontificating about item A in response to a question on item B is not helpful to anyone, but

in fairness you probably didn't know about the new layout.

Wait for it.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 24

Go to solution

I suggest that you have a read of this thread and note the date that the thread was started by the BT moderator before you make any further assumptions about things you obviously have no knowledge about.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/New-BT-Mail-Layout/td-p/1904548

0 Ratings
rphope
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 24

Go to solution

I suggest you read my  original post, which has never been addressed (or read ?)

To re-phrase it : Under the recent new layout there is no single click delete option in the greyed out row or elsewhere when in an open email.

Suggesting I click on a non-existent delete option in an open email is just a little irritating.

WIN 10 Up to date, BTemail 4 days old, IE 11 no delete option in grey row, Chrome up to date no delete option in the grey row, Edge up to date no delete option in the grey row

True on HP Pavilion 326na and Asus x555L

I may know nothing, but I can certainly read ! And I'm certainly not a self proclaimed Sage !!!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 24

Go to solution

@rphope wrote:

I suggest you read my  original post, which has never been addressed (or read ?)  I am no longer interest in trying to assist you.

To re-phrase it : Under the recent new layout there is no single click delete option in the greyed out row or elsewhere when in an open email. As you are the only one reporting that it must be annoying.

Suggesting I click on a non-existent delete option in an open email is just a little irritating. That's a pity.

WIN 10 Up to date, BTemail 4 days old, IE 11 no delete option in grey row, Chrome up to date no delete option in the grey row, Edge up to date no delete option in the grey row

True on HP Pavilion 326na and Asus x555L

I may know nothing, but I can certainly read ! And I'm certainly not a self proclaimed Sage !!! I am not a self proclaimed Sage. Once again you are talking about things you have no knowledge of. The titles added to forum users are are done bt BT and not the user!!

Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 19 of 24

Go to solution

Hi @rphope,

Thanks for the post and welcome to the Community.  I am sorry to hear that you are having to add extra clicks to delete emails.

Its a strange one as the advice posted by other members is correct, the delete option should be positioned as seen in the image GG posted in post 10.  Would it be possible for you to take a screenshot of what you are seeing then maybe we can figure out why you appear to have a different view?  Could you please also take a look at the advice offered by @New_To_UK, are your settings as described in post 4?

I can appreciate that you are frustrated and I am sorry that BT has caused this, however taking your frustration out on other members is not the answer ☹️.  All members that have responded to you are just BT customers who give up their own time to help other BT customers, they do not work for BT, so their intention is based on goodwill 😁

I am sure with a bit more info we can figure out why your experience seems to differ to what we would expect on the newly design webmail experience.  We are here to help

Cheers

Sean     

0 Ratings
rphope
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 24

Go to solution

Thanks for your note.

I'm afraid I was irritated by being told to click on an option that I had said no longer existed!

I've been in touch with BT help who inform me that it is down to a recent update I received which they will take steps to have reversed. ie Back to the 'basic' version of the 'new' system.

Thanks again