cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Spidermike
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Deleting blocked email addresses

I have been receiving advertising emails from a specific address and want to block it. However the e-mail system tells me I have exceeded the permitted 600 blocked addresses. 

I go into settings and pull up the list of blocked emails and try to delete some. A pop-up tells me I have 742 and have exceeded the 600 permitted. But it will not let me delete anything.

I am using a BT internet address that was originally YahooBT

Does anyone have any suggestions? 

Thank you for your help. 

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Rob364
Contributor
Message 2 of 10

Re: Deleting blocked email addresses

Are you using web mail, email client or an office program to access the mail?

I have just checked my account using web mail and It says I am allowed 5000 blocked senders and I have no problems  removing address by ticking the boxes beside each address and then pressing delete.

0 Ratings
Spidermike
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Thank you for your quick reply, Rob364.  I am viewing the emails on the BT e-mail website (I presume this is what you mean by 'web mail'). 

0 Ratings
Rob364
Contributor
Message 4 of 10

Web Mail accessed using a browser. Have you tried clearing yor browser cache, history and cookies?

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 10

Just for info: The email addresses on BTYahoo and BTMail all end in btinternet.com

If you want to check which system you are currently on you need to log onto webmail (your email account using a browser) and look at the BT logo. If you see Yahoo any where it means you are still on the BTYahoo system.

If you are on the BTMail system if you log onto your webmail account and go to the settings then mail and blocked senders, do you have a delete and refresh button on the right hand side?

If you do you should tick the blocked email addresses that you want to remove and then press the "delete" button.

0 Ratings
Spidermike
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 10

Hi Rob - yes, done that.  

0 Ratings
Spidermike
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 10

Hi

I have the delete and refresh buttons on the right hand side. I check the boxes, then press 'delete' and a pop-up appears that tells me 

The number 742 of collected address exceeds the maximum of 600 allowed.

I press the 'OK' box on the pop-up and....nothing changes. 

Something even more weird - I click multiple address and press 'delete' and the pop-up appears. Then press 'refresh'. Then click a few more addresses and press 'delete' Each time, the pop-up comes up, the number of addresses it says I have blocked is different - sometimes more sometimes less than before.

This is so annoying - when BT took over Yahoo BT they really screwed up and it has never been as good. Grrrrr…. 

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 10

Regardless of what the pop up box states are the blocked addresses actually being deleted?

0 Ratings
Spidermike
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 10

No, nothing is being deleted - I even checked after leaving It overnight in case there was a delay for the database to catch up. 

it is also frustrating that I have a limit of 600 whereas others seem to have a 5,000 limit?

0 Ratings
Bob77
Beginner
Message 10 of 10

Hi Spidermike,

Did you ever get a solution to this problem?

I am having the same issue and came across this thread.

I am getting the same message, just higher numbers.

"The number 1652 of collected address exceeds the maximum of 600 allowed."

Suggestions from anybody on how to free up space to be able to block email addresses would be appreciated.

0 Ratings