cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 38

Re: Deleting emails in Bulk

Go to solution

@cannotdoit wrote:

Do BT make deleting emails in bulk as difficult as possible. I used to click on the first email I wanted to delete  - hold down the shift key scroll down all the emails I wanted to delete and press the delete button - done easy. But BT in their wisdom have stopped you doing that you have to delete each email separately. As I have hundreds of emails to delete I do not have a few months to do this.

Did you read message 4 & 7?

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 38

Go to solution

Same problem here and yes I have read messages 4 & 7!  I have to painstakingly select each email I want to delete, if the cursor slips a fraction it then opens the next email and loses all the selections I have so painstakingly made ... another delight of the 'new' email, on top of the ongoing problems with text entry bouncing back to the beginning ... I guess it just can't cater for fast keyboard users like me and is designed for s-l-o-w touchscreens ... Infuriating!!!

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 38

Go to solution

See messages 6 and 10

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 38

Go to solution

Thank you, I did note the mail client option but as I've never used one, would prefer to stick to webmail.  It is really retrograde for BT to make its webmail product unusable without a client interface.  I won't use the phone app because I've had my BT mail hacked, first time ever in 20-odd years, and believe it was via the phone app so I stick to webmail on a computer with security software like Fort Knox.  

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 38

Go to solution

I have absolutely no idea why you would consider webmail on a PC any more secure than a mail client on a PC.

Perhaps if you were to try a client such as Thunderbird, you might find you prefer it to the awful offering of a webmail interface.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 38

Go to solution

I didn't say that, I said I won't use the phone app.  I don't use a mail client because it has never been necessary and shouldn't be.  I have 2 email accounts, one for business and one personal and keep the contacts/content separate.  As you say, the BT webmail product is now 'awful' and the solution is for BT to mend it, not to need a third party interface to make it work.  Both my current gripes used to work perfectly well before BT 'improved' its webmail so it should be possible to revert to a product that works.  

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 38

Go to solution

Until 1996 when Hotmail was introduced, you wouldn't have had a choice, a mail client was the only way to access email. Not sure when BT introduced webmail, but it was quite a while after Hotmail.

Anyone brought up with mail clients such as the ubiquitous Outlook Express shipped with every PC, would never consider such a bodge as webmail.

Message 18 of 38

Go to solution

My other mail account is indeed Hotmail.  Has been since 2000.  I recall the original BT offering was via Yahoo.  Anyway, I pay BT for a functional email service.  If I pay for an umbrella I expect it to keep the rain out, I don't expect to have to cover it with clingfilm to make it work.  

Message 19 of 38

Go to solution

Indeed, you pay for a SERVICE  (actually you don't but that is different argument) , the means of accessing that service is independent. I fail to see the reluctance to even try a superior method that is free even if you then decide you don't like it.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 38

Go to solution

Semantic nitpicking.  The software, as a product which supplies a service, should be capable of operating independently.  Superiority is subjective although I concede an auxiliary front-end may improve poor functionality, it should not be needed as a fix.  If I did, as you suggest, try such an approach and don't like it, I've wasted more time and got nowhere.  The point of looking on this forum is to see if anyone else is experiencing the same issues (yes) and whether anyone else has found an acceptable solution within BT's capability (no).  So I have my answer!  Thank you for your thoughts.

0 Ratings