Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

Deleting emails

Hello,

When attempting to mass delete emails from my inbox this message displays "You have moved this message while using another device at the same time, please refresh your screen."

I do not use another device to access my emails, only my laptop

The messages have not been moved

Refreshing the screen does not work as the message still appears when I try to delete other messages

Instead I have to read & delete each message one at a time

This has only recently started happening - about the last week or so

Any help would be much apprevciated

Thanks

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 2 of 12

Re: Deleting emails

Why do I just get error messages when I try to delete more than one email at a time. This used to work fine until I was upgraded - help!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 12

Hi Judge99, 

Yes I have the same problem which has started ever since BT 'upgraded' the UI.

I do download my emails onto my phone. So I turned my phone off completely and now suddenly I can delete multiple emails using the check box and dustbin features I used before. So it seems your email account seems to think you are downloading to a phone or tablet or the like. I don't know if there is a setting on your account that making it think that. I will continue to investigate but I am sorry I can't help further at this time.   

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 12

Scrub that it started happening again completely randomly! Sometimes it works and other times the error occurs. Really annoying. Suggestion: clear your backlog and go to Gmail.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 12

Random again! I changed view from "Right" to "Bottom" and it appeared to work. But not sure if this was just a fluke. Noticed also that sometimes the box does not display a tick (usually second time onwards) although it has registered that the email has been selected (you can tell by the message at the foot of the screen). Again randomly!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 12

@Judge99 delete the emails on your phone instead ( Blue Mail) is best phone mail app

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 12

Hi plattca,

Thanks for your replies & investigation work, if you do find a solution please let me know 🙂

In the meantime I'll keep deleting them 1-by-1 zzzzzzzz

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 12

Amongst the many other problems with the email webpage  UI (User Interface) there also seems to be a problem with deleting emails in bulk.

The following are not suggested as "fixes" but as a "work around" you could try the following:-

Click on the box to the left of the first email you want to delete and assuming you want to delete all the emails that are below that you can either press on your keyboard  "shift" key and "PgDn" key repeatedly and it will mark all the other emails with a tick or use the "shift" key and the down arrow. This will also mark all the boxes with a tick or tick the first box you want to delete and holding the shift key move to the last email you want to delete and tick its box and release the shift key. All the emails in between should now be ticked.

If you don't all the emails that have been marked with a tick deleted you need to go down the list and untick the ones you want to keep.

Once you have done that you then click on the "Delete" button in the menu bar and if that doesn't work try and drag and drop them into the trash folder.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 9 of 12

Thanks for the info - much appreciated 🙂

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 10 of 12

Hi Judge99, 

I don't know if this is a thing or whether BT have coincidently fixed it, but if you organise your inbox in alphabetical order by clicking the <From> column header, then multi-delete by ticking those emails you don't want and clicking the dustbin icon... IT WORKED without error !

Let me know if this works for you? 

Cheers 

0 Ratings