Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NCC2593
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Demise of Yahoo app

Hi,

Apologises if this has been asked before but I've  just joined here.  I had cause to change my password recently and had to login to Yahoo who said they were no longer taking doing things with their app.  So my first question is......Is BT developing their own app for emails or do I have to find another app provider?  Currently I have to log in via the "My BT" app daily or sometimes more than once a day and it is a real pain!

Secondly is Yahoo going to move away from hosting BT emails?  If so what will happen to person folders?

Thanks

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Demise of Yahoo app

There is a bt mail app so use that to login

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 8

Don't think there is a BT mail app, but there are countless others to choose from, I use Blue Mail which works very well.

0 Ratings
NCC2593
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

Thanks for the replies but I was hoping someone from BT could answer my questions.  Hello, any one from BT on here who can answer my questions??

Thanks

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

Why do you need a BT app, any app will work perfectly well and you won't have the same problem of the app being confined to one email provider as you did with the Yahoo app.

All your folders will still be there whatever app you use, the folders are created on the mail server.

0 Ratings
NCC2593
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

Hi,

What I liked about the Yahoo app was that it mirrored what is on the screen when I log in on my laptop.  If another app will do that too then that is reassuring.

My other query is a what if...?   What if Yahoo stops their partnership with BT, what will happen to emails stored in folders for safekeeping?  I obviously didn't word it very well, my bad.  To quote an incredibly over over OVERLY used question..."d'you know what I mean?"  🙂

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

All email apps that are set up as an IMAP account will "mirror" your email on your laptop.

Your emails are stored on BT servers so nothing will change.

0 Ratings
NCC2593
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

Great, thank you for that.

Thanks to everyone good enough to reply.

Cheers

0 Ratings