Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PeterE17
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 34

Re: Difficulty logging on to email

Go to solution

I have spoken to BT, a lady called Aisling in Dublin. Apparently some upgrades are being done and parts of the site are not fully functional. I've been told tha normal service will be resumed in a few hours.

Tillymint71
Beginner
Message 22 of 34

Go to solution
Thanks, thought it was them not me!!
0 Ratings
normanhutt
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 34

Go to solution

I'm having the same problem a spinning wheel

0 Ratings
gymlady
Beginner
Message 24 of 34

Go to solution

I'm having tha same problem with the spinning wheel...Ok on my desktop though

0 Ratings
leaddclu
Beginner
Message 25 of 34

Re: Always use btinternet.com - today cannot access emails -black cogwheel keeps whirling in cent

Go to solution
Same again when I tried to log in tonight on laptop got cogwheel, email on tablet is OK . Very frustrating - do I contact BT directly for advice?
0 Ratings
davidncohen
Contributor
Message 26 of 34

Re: Always use btinternet.com - today cannot access emails -black cogwheel keeps whirling in cent

Go to solution

Same problem - Windows 7 (home and work) and a Macbook Pro. (Sierra 10.12.6)

Just happened today.

Have to clear the history / cookies to login, which is ok the first time, but not everytime.

Anyone any idea what is casuing this / when will it be fixed.

0 Ratings
stevie22b
Contributor
Message 27 of 34

Go to solution

Same problem here, have not been able to log in from my normal shortcut all day. I managed to get in via my BT, i then used that shortcut to access my mail, but after a couple of hours that shortcut is no longer working - just the spinning cog wheel. Hope this is sorted soon, i don't want to have to log into my BT, and then log into my email just to get to my mail.

0 Ratings
Nettie7
Beginner
Message 28 of 34

Go to solution

Thanks for posting this - if this is indeed the case why don't they post something to this effect on BT Home Page?    Instead, many of us are 'googling' and trying to find out if what is happening re. our inability to log-in to our email with just a constant wheel going round and round.   You never know if it's a problem just affecting yourself.   Only by going into BT Community did I discover I am not alone.   It's so frustrating - a simple 'message' explaining site being worked on and parts not functioning would have covered this.

0 Ratings
PeterE17
Aspiring Contributor
Message 29 of 34

Go to solution

It seems that if you positively log out of BT mail you can log back in again without trouble. This means you won't have to clear the BT cookies every time (but you will have to re-enter your mail address and password). 

If you log in then just close the browser, or leave the BT mail page, you get the spinning wheel.  

There are two current threads for this problem so I'm posting this note on both. 

0 Ratings
mgirons
Beginner
Message 30 of 34

Go to solution

Had same problem today with BT Mail. I normally have 'Keep signed in' ticked. Opened OK first thing then problem occurred on 3 browsers. Went into 'MyBT', logged out with log out button. Then went back to email login logged in OK. Goes wrong again if 'Keep signed In' ticked. Did find a BT article which said that feature is no longer available and you will be logged out after 20 mins of no activity. This being the case, why is this box still available to tick, ticking causes the problem so need to log in for each session. Typical of BT not to broadcast this and only do half a job, took a bit of searching to find article under email help - 'login to email' no specific web page for answer.

0 Ratings