cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
n0n-g33k
Contributor
Message 1 of 16

Disappearing email

Does anybody know why - when I click on an email to look at it - all I get is a blank page??  Sincerely hope this is NOT the way the "new system" is going to work.  And yes, the email is then considered "read". 

It's only happening on the same sub-account that's been struggling for a while.  Apparently Yahoo appropriated the sub-account for a few weeks, adding extra adverts and then having the audacity of trying to get me to pay for fewer adverts on my BT email page!  And now that the sub-account is apparently back with BT - I can't read my emails.

*sigh*   

**Here today....blonde tomorrow**
0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
n0n-g33k
Contributor
Message 2 of 16

Re: Disappearing email

Would still appreciate an answer if anybody knows, but just came on to say that selecting the email, then hiding the advert, then hitting refresh seemed to work - I've actually been able to read them! Way hey!

Is the "changeover" going to fix this sort of thing? 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 16

@n0n-g33k wrote:

Apparently Yahoo appropriated the sub-account for a few weeks, adding extra adverts and then having the audacity of trying to get me to pay for fewer adverts on my BT email page!  And now that the sub-account is apparently back with BT - I can't read my emails.

What do you mean by the above statement? Why/ how would BT apprpriate an email account?

0 Ratings
Bob1001
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 16

I have just had this happen to me. I ordered something on Amazon and could see the autoreply in the listing. Clicking on the email showed nothing.

Now the interesting but, if I looked at the source code I could see all the information contained in the email. So the email was received just not viewable. I was using webmail.

It gets even stranger I have just received a new email, same problem, but I could now read  the Amazon one. To test I sent myself an email which again I could not see but it enabled me to see the previous email. STRANGE.

0 Ratings
n0n-g33k
Contributor
Message 5 of 16

Er, I never said BT appropriated the email account - I said YAHOO appropriated the email account. I said that because every time I signed into that particular BT email account - I ended up on a Yahoo page with a banner that said "You are visiting Yahoo UK" and the url had nothing "BT" in it. If I wanted to check my other BT email account SAFELY, I had to change the url to "www.btinternet.com".
0 Ratings
n0n-g33k
Contributor
Message 6 of 16

Yep, but I've also had something similar happen in the middle of a survey - click on the "next" button and the next page is blank. All the little numbers and letters and symbols are in the url, but the page is ...blank. It's only been in the last couple of weeks that's happened where it never had before. I thought it was my computer playing the prat.

Nice to know it's happened to somebody else. 🙂
0 Ratings
Bob1001
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 16

I have found another "Cure" if you right click and open in another tab you can then view the messages on the new tab.

0 Ratings
n0n-g33k
Contributor
Message 8 of 16

LOL - so freakin' weird! Thanks.
0 Ratings
mrtilly
Contributor
Message 9 of 16

Bt says on the website to change the password, did that guess what still get a blank page on some of the emails. Come on BT fix it.

0 Ratings
mrtilly
Contributor
Message 10 of 16

Hi  contacted Bt very helpfull and they solved it.  Here is what to do use a Googe Chrome as your web browser, it worked first time for me just hope it keeps up.

0 Ratings