cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rambler1
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Disposable Email Addresses

In December I was told that BT were withdrawing the disposable email facility in April 2020. No specific date was mentioned. 
I am actively altering my disposable addresses assuming it will be turned off on 1st April.

I have not been reminded since December 19. We are now less than a week away.

There is however, one address I use which was used to book a holiday. The holiday has been cancelled due to recent global events. The refund that I am due is working through the system along with many others. It would not be easy or arguably wise to try to change this address.
Is there any clarification regarding BT’s intention to follow through with this policy ?
I am sure I am not the only person this may affect.
Personally, I can’t wait to migrate my email away from BT. They have been stringing this idea out for years and their communication is appalling.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Disposable Email Addresses

There is no updated information so I would work on it going ahead as indicated unless you see any official notification that it has been postponed.

0 Ratings
rambler1
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Thank you. I am indeed working on the principal that this policy will not be altered and that the disposable emails will be  withdrawn. When, who knows. They still work today.

At a time when banks, insurance companies, utilities, you name it, are bombarding us with information and updating their customers, we continue to have no update from BT about this. An email at Christmas about a facility that will be withdrawn from their customers sometime in April with no further reminders shows a willful disregard for them. I stand by my original comment and cant wait to migrate away from them. This level of service is not acceptible.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

I really don't follow your logic. You were informed the service would be withdrawn in April hence it would be prudent to make alternative arrangements by April 1st. The fact it is still working after that date is neither here nor there. What's the point of a further email the day before closure?