cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PingMan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Disposable email address - BT yahoo mail and BT mail - clarity please someone?

Go to solution

I am the main account holder with a BT Yahoo email account (@btinternet.com). My wife has a sub address on this account. She can no longer set up disposable email addresses yet I can. 

Clicking on the help pages it looks as if disposable email is on it's way out for BT Mail, yet when you then click on the BT Yahoo Email help it doesn't mention it for this.

Can about give me some clarity please? Why the difference between our individual accounts and why the difference between BT Yahoo Mail and BT Mail?

BT customer service couldn't help by the way on the Chat interface.

Looking forward to any reply. Thank you.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Disposable email address - BT yahoo mail and BT mail - clarity please someone?

Go to solution

BT Mail stopped the "disposable" email addresses a few years back.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/48151/~/disposable-email-addresses-in-bt-mail

As far as I am aware BTYahoo still allow disposable email addresses for the main account holder. I seem to recall that it was being stopped for sub-account holders but I could be wrong with that. If your wife tries to set up a disposable email address is there not a "massage" regarding it. 

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/57486/~/bt-yahoo-mail---how-do-i-set-up-a-disposable-...

0 Ratings
New_To_UK
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 4

Re: Disposable email address - BT yahoo mail and BT mail - clarity please someone?

Go to solution

They are being removed for both BT Mail and BT Yahoo Mail - you cant create new currently and existing ones will stop working soon. Create a second email instead

0 Ratings
Highlighted
PingMan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution
Thank you for the reply, the "message" was a pop up window. Anyhow, have decided to move on and change to another email provider. It also makes it easier to move away from BT as an ISP provider as well. Not that they will be too bothered I guess. Thanks again.
0 Ratings