cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 18

Dissappeared contacts after BT Email 2020 update

I have a @btinternet.com email address and use a web browser to view my emails. Recently it has been updated to BT Email and I have lost hundreds of contacts, some individual and some within distribution lists. When I try to add another contact is says I have reached the 3000 contact limit... 

How can I get my original, full contact list back? 

Many thanks, 

Astrid

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 18

Re: Dissappeared contacts after BT Email 2020 update

Try clearing the history and cookies in your browser and if that doesn't work try another browser.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 18

Hi
tried three different browsers, one of which was a newly downloaded one. None of them showed my entire contacts list

thanks though
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 18

There seems to be a few people experiencing this after the migration. Assuming you had the missing contacts saved on webmail and not on an email client/app it would appear that there is obviously a problem.

Can you confirm you didn't just have them saved via a mobile device and that they were all saved in your contacts list on webmail. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 18

Good morning!

I can confirm that all my email contacts were saved on webmail, not on a mobile device.

Astrid

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 18

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are very busy at present so it can take up to 48 hours for them to contact you. They will do this by posting on this thread.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 18

I am wondering if the maximum number of 3000 email addresses has something to do with it. I seem to remember I had almost 4000 and I noticed that the most recent email addresses are no longer there (which is very annoying)….

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 8 of 18

I am having this problem, I did not know that there had been an update,, but they have all gone on one of my computers [my wife has an identical computer on Windows 8 with Firefox  I use Windows 10 with Firefox.  ] -

She can see the contacts  using  Microsoft Mail

Unlikely to be an issue of the number of contacts as she has about 10 .

I have refreshed  Firefox and  checked with Chrome.. all the same.

Also the Yahoo 'import' list function is in an infinite loop.. cant get  beyond  the log in opening page

Stumped now !

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 9 of 18

My contact lists have all disappeared. The edit button does not respond so I can not repopulate or even add new contacts.  

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 10 of 18

I am having the same problem...hopefully there will be a fix for this?? Every once in a while my contacts list magically reappears so I have now feverishly written down all the contacts that show. 

HOWEVER, many contacts have disappeared...their names are still there, maddeningly, but no address is displayed. When I click on the name, it then says " this contact was found in one of your address books " ?? What does THAT mean?

Sorry, shouty, but this has been going on sporadically for a month at least...

sigh.

0 Ratings