cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Do different email services have different spam filtering ?

Go to solution

I'm in the process of moving providers and have elected to keep my BT email.

Whilst waiting for my level to drop from "Standard" so I could change it to "Premium" I noticed a lot more SPAM than normal.

On my PC I have some addresses and domains blocked in Outlook, but I never bothered setting up any via the equivalent in Webmail.

Could purely be a coincidence and you could argue the new provider has just sold off my registered email address as timings do technically suggest that as an option 😂

I do not use the email address in question for anything other than banking / utilities / "legit" services.

I have a specific one for all the "register for 10% off your first order" type things where levels of trust are considerably lower.

Just curious, as it makes no sense to have different levels but seems strange as timings matched up pretty much exactly.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Do different email services have different spam filtering ?

Go to solution

The only difference between Premium and Standard is the price. Standard is free with BT Broadband and Premium will cost you £7.50 per month. 

You could also use BTMail basic. This is free to people who were BT Broadband customers but moved to a new provider but wish to keep their email address. It can only be used on a web browser and can not be forwarded to another email account.

Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Hi, thanks for the reply, I was more asking around the SPAM filters, happy with the different levels of email service - just opted for Premium.

Obviously, there was a day or so between when my Standard dropped to Basic to allow me to hit the button to subscribe to Premium. It was during this period I got a noticeable increase in SPAM. 

I'm sure everything passes through one SPAM solution, it was just interesting the SPAM emails increased during this time period. (1 - 1.5 days) 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

As @gg30340  has said, there is only one email service, the differences are purely billing arrangements.