cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dc10uk
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Dormant BT Yahoo email address, not able to access after password reset/Verified through mobile numb

Go to solution

I have a BT Yahoo email that I need to gain access to to retrieve some old but important emails but as I haven't logged into this account for over a year I am having problems logging in now

I tried resetting the password but the secondary email saved on this account is an invalid one which I never owned and must have entered it incorrectly at the time

however, luckily the phone number attached to this email address is still valid so I requested a code sending it to the number which I retrieved and then entered but once done  this and reset the password I cannot access my email still

now when I try logging in I get the following  Request:

Hi
Enter verification code
sent to your email address

But the email  is an invalid one , so is there any way I can override this or somehow access my emails still?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Dormant BT Yahoo email address, not able to access after password reset/Verified through mobile

Go to solution

If you have not used the email account in over a year it will have been deleted and its contents wiped as per BT policy.

www.bt.com/help/email/why-has-my-bt-email-address-been-suspended-or-deleted-#:~:text=Log%20into%20My...).

BTYahoo email service no longer exists. BT migrated active accounts to the BTMail system a few years ago.

The address will still show as active. This is to stop it being reused.

dc10uk
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Re: Dormant BT Yahoo email address, not able to access after password reset/Verified through mobile

Go to solution

Ok thanks 

so am I right in assuming that even if I paid for the yahoo + support service that they wouldn't be able to retrieve my account?

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

BT has nothing what so ever to do with Yahoo now and I very much doubt Yahoo would have any access to the BT systems and given the passage of time your account would not be recoverable even if Yahoo did have access.

0 Ratings