cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Barnsh14
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Downgrade account and database corruption?

Hi

where do I start ?

logged into MyBT to find that against my email it says it’s to be down graded, it also says this against my husbands email account .

I changed my email password , my husband got an email to say I’d changed my password I did not.

I’ve logged into my email account through client using mail.btinternet.com and have done for ages .

i started a chat with an agent called Abir , he sent me a Pin .....but this pin arrived on my husbands mobile.

he then after several weird messages which were completely unintelligible  said my account was ok that there was nothing wrong. Thanked me for chatting and told me about covid 19!

can someone help me out before I scream please .

Thanks for anyone who can save my sanity.

Sue

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Downgrade account and database corruption?

Are you or your husband a BT Broadband customer or are you paying for your email through a BT Premium Email account?

If you are not one of the above your account will be downgraded to the BT Basic Email which can only be accessed through a web browser and not an email client.

See link

https://www.bt.com/help/email/bt-email-products

If you are a one of the above, are you or your husband the broadband or premium email account holder?

Is your email account a sub account of your husbands email account? If you are that will be why a message regarding the password change was sent to his email account.

Is your email account "gifted" to you and do you have your own BTID which allows you to access your own MyBT or is the MyBT the same one your husband uses?

Whose mobile phone contact details are in the profile of the BT Broadband account holders MyBT? If it is your husbands that will be why the text message was sent to his mobile.

See link and sub links about the various types of email accounts

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/c/7339/a_id/44888/

0 Ratings
Barnsh14
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Hi

I am the main BT account holder 

ihave been a BT broad band customer for 15+ years

i have a BT ID and use my email to access this

when I last logged in about 4 months ago everything was fine

today on logging in to mybt , under account heading I found 

my nane, my date of birth , my husbands email address, my husbands mobile.

i therefore changed the email back to my email address and the phone number to my mobile ( which it was 4 months ago)

I then added my husband as the fall back email and phone in the “ if had any problems” section

i then , fearing strange access, changed my password and my husband got the email.

i noticed that instead of being a family email I gave to my husband that he appeared as a sub account to mine ( listed underneath, no longer a family allocated one.

I then used the chat service ,which sent the pin to my husband!

both email accounts are marked as to be downgraded.

all clients set to mail.btinternet.com and used every day many times a day.

thanks 

sue

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

I doubt there will be anything users of the forum will be able to do to help you so I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are very busy at present so it can take up to 48 hours for them to contact you. They will do this by posting on this thread.

Barnsh14
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Thanks very much for trying .

i just can’t understand how the account got screwed up when it was fine before .

I was thinking of moving my husband back to a friends account , but don’t want to screw anything up so thought getting help may be better.

thanks again

sue

0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 6 of 7

Hi @Barnsh14,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. I'm sorry you're having problems with your account. If you send me the details, I'll be able to get this investigated.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact me.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Barnsh14
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Thanks Paddy, I have replied
0 Ratings