Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raymond1234
Contributor
Message 1 of 16

Download Box Missing

Go to solution

My wife has cleaned my keyboard while the computer was still on, as a result I am now unable to see the Download open dialog box that was in the bottom left-hand side of my screen, when I had emails open.

This means that I now cannot download attachments

can anyone help.

I would have taken a screen shot but to much personal information on show.

I wanted to post this on the email help page but true to form unable to select this option.

Thanks for looking

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 16

Re: Download Box Missing

Go to solution

Not entirely sure what you mean, attachments are shown when you open the email as in screenshot below.

Not sure why you were unable to post this on the email board originally as you have just posted another question here which I have moved to a more appropriate board.

download.jpg

raymond1234
Contributor
Message 3 of 16

Go to solution
Thanks had to do a bit more when I posted second question.
When I click on the tab as shown above I get a security scan at the bottom of the left hand side, which I cannot see to open.
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 16

Go to solution

That will be your anti virus, can't really help with that.

Silly question, but have you tried shutting down your computer and re-starting it?

gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 16

Go to solution

Try going into your browsers settings and change the "zoom" setting or you can change it by pressing the Ctrl key and either the + key or the - key depending on whether you want to increase or decrease the web page size.

Carlusha
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 16

Go to solution

@raymond1234wrote:

My wife has cleaned my keyboard while the computer was still on, as a result ......

Thank you for confirming it is not only me who goes through this, thanks to my houseproud beloved who performs the task with fastidious care!

Most of the time the result is the same, corrected by CTRL/+ or CTRL/- but sometimes I come across something new requiring some research to correct. 

raymond1234
Contributor
Message 7 of 16

Go to solution

Thanks did not resolve problem, more work needed

0 Ratings
NoSirItWasntMe
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 16

Go to solution

@raymond1234 

Four questions:

1. Is your browser definitely full screen? It may be that the box you are missing is just below the visible area on your screen.

2, Can you download from other sites?

3. Do the files show in your download folder/history? Try CTRL-J to open in your browser.

4. Does your antivirus show anything in the history option?

raymond1234
Contributor
Message 9 of 16

Go to solution

thanks for taking the time to answer my problem.

1 If I go to full screen still unable to view, the box I need to find  is sitting under the Task Bar, I can see the top of it.

2. The files are definitely downloaded Ctrl J shows them (Thanks I never knew that)

3. Virus History - sorry do not know how to sort that out.

It is not a download problem just when I download file it used to have a dialog box at the bottom left-hand side of the screen just above the Task Bar, now I can only see the top of it., going to be a simple fix, just wish I was not so simple!

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 16

Go to solution

Is it just this particular dialogue box that does this or do other boxes do it?  What application is the dialogue box? Have you tried moving the task bar to one side to access the box and then dragging it to a different location on the screen and then seeing if it opens at that location next time.