cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
toad1960
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Drafts deleting and unusable

Apologies if this message pops up elsewhere - I sent but can't find it anywhere so trying again. 

I'm using BT webmail online for the first time with a newly set-up address and my drafts (set for 1 min) are being saved but as soon as I edit and send they disappear.  Is there no facility for saving permanently?  I can't find the word template anywhere either.    I'm having to copy and paste from other emails and obviously can't be writing more than one email at a time because so it's a real nuisance.  

Any ideas?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Drafts deleting and unusable

Am I missing something here, when you send them they will no longer be drafts and thus in your drafts folder, they will be in your sent folder.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 10

Once you have sent an email it will be in your sent folder provided that you have the box "save sent messages" ticked in the settings section which can be found by clicking on your user name at the top right.

If you want to have more than one email open at a time, double click on the email and it will open in a "floating" box. If you want to compose an email and have another email open so that you can copy and paste fro it you should start to compose an email and at the bottom you should see a purple box open named compose email, click on the square within a square and that will "free float" the compose email and allow you to have the two emails side by side.

I do not know what you mean by the "word template". but if you then want to copy from one email to the other, after having done the above, just highlight what you want to copy and right click, select copy. Move to the email you want to copy to and place your cursor to where you want the copy to go, right click and select paste.

Having said all that you should go back to using Thunderbird now that it is working for you.

0 Ratings
toad1960
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 10

Licquorice........

"Am I missing something here, when you send them they will no longer be drafts and thus in your drafts folder, they will be in your sent folder.:

I've used TBird for emails for years and it saves every draft indefinitely till it's deleted by hand, so I just assumed webmail would do the same!   I've realized that if I send a copy to myself and then move it to the draft file, I can edit and re-use it.  A bit faffy but does the job.

0 Ratings
toad1960
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 10

Thanks for the reply gg30340........yes, I've worked out I can copy across. As I've said to another poster, I thought it would work like TBird and save all drafts indefinitely.

I can't use TBird for this new address. It simply doesn't want to know, either on a PC using windows or on a laptop using Linux. As I said on another thread, working fine for all my old BT email addresses so haven't worked out what the problem is here. Husband has checked firewalls etc (which obviously aren't a problem for anything else, so it seems this new e-mail address is just a law unto itself! I don't need to use TBird for it so battling on on webmail.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 10

But why do you need to move it, just copy it from the sent folder, paste and edit it in your new mail

0 Ratings
toad1960
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 10

I tried that, but it wasn't keeping the text formatting (paragraphs and spacing etc) so I was having to re-do that, but moving the received copy to the draft folder maintains the letter format. No idea why - just one of those imponderables!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 10

Make sure you have compose emails in rich text selected in the settings.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 10

Not sure why you can't configure the account in Thunderbird, are you using the correct settings as per here

0 Ratings
toad1960
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 10

I've been using TBIrd with BT email accounts for years with no problems. So we know how it works (or should!). So it's a problem specific to this one new address. I can set up the account but it just won't work properly; won't send and/or won't save/won't save to draft and just keeps circling. It is however the account which wouldn't work properly on webmail when first set up without TBird. That problem has now resolved itself so perhaps the TBird problem will do so at some point. Thanks!
0 Ratings