cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shadders
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

E-mail Access by Web - Main Account Locked After Upgrade ???, or Hacking ???

Hi,

Just logged into e-mail - and the main account was locked and i had to unlock the account before proceeding. E-mails were still received - so the e-mail locking did not reject incoming e-mails.

The login seemed to be upgraded - so was this the issue ?

If hacking attempts were the cause - how do we (the customer) know ?.

BT, when their email was run by Yahoo, provided a screen for you to see which IP address your e-mail had been logged into from. Does BT have this system in place or does BT plan to provide this in the future - so we can see if our e-mail accounts have been hacked, or other.

Given the plethora of routes that people can access the web-mail - then such as system of being able to view the log of when an account was logged into and from where (IP address), will allow for BT customer to vet their own accounts and flag up any security issues.

Thanks ands regards,

Shadders.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES
shadders
Contributor
Message 2 of 3

Re: E-mail Access by Web - Main Account Locked After Upgrade ???, or Hacking ???

Hi,

These keeps on occuring - i login using :

https://signin1.bt.com/login/emailloginform

When i login, the main e-mail account is locked. Happens every other day.

This never used to happen, and only happens since the login pages have been upgraded last weekend ??

Shoud you logout every time once you have viewed the webmail ?

The webmail drops when i am online for an 30 minutes or so, and always has done this. Is this a lost connection issue locking the account ?

Has BT implemented some new security feature that has not been publicised ?

If BT has implemented a new security feature - when will it inform its customers about it ?

Is the locking of the e-mail due to hacking attempt ?.

Will BT be informing the customer that they are dealing with the issue, such as informing the Police that a specific IP address is attempting to hack an account ?

Regards,

Shadders.

0 Ratings
Luke45
Message 3 of 3

Re: E-mail Access by Web - Main Account Locked After Upgrade ???, or Hacking ???

Hi
You wrote " i login using :
https://signin1.bt.com/login/emailloginform
When i login, the main e-mail account is locked. Happens every other day. "
How do you unlock again ?
I am having problems with my e mail and BT ID passwords. If i change one i need to change the other one to the same , Otherwise i cant access to one of them !! Maybe you use samae passwords for both , but in my opinion that is very unsafe as someone hack your e mail then all your BT ID profile is also in danger which includes financial details of your account .
0 Ratings