cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

E mail account not setting up

Created an additional e nail account fir 3nd time but can't login. And doesn't show in additional e mails in my BT account. Said 39 mins to setup but can't log onto it.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: E mail account not setting up

Have you followed the procedure as per this link and sub-links?

How do I create and activate a new BT Email address? | BT Help

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Cricky, this is almost impossible to follow and understand. I have created 3 e mails in the past and that woks fine. 

Am I supoisd to create another BT ID or should all e nail be created in my BT ID account I D ? 

Its just too complicated. I created the E mail and it said its created. The e mail is fir my 10 year old so I will manage it.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

You create an email that you want to manage in your own MyBT under your own BTID. 

If in the future if your child want to manage the account and set the password you would need to "gift" the email account to him/her.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

I Called BT and after 30mins it was established that the system is not holding thd pass word created at the time if creating an account. I made 3 e mails and all same problem. The system also then won't let you manage thd e mail as it says its already allocated. So you get into a loop that can't be fixed. Call has gone to 3rd level support but not had a call back for several days and should of had one by now. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Creating additional e mails

I still can't create any additional e mails. Created another 2 today as still no call back from 29th August. The system says e mails created and will take up to 30 mins. Logged onto my bt account and no new e mails to activate with green button in manage your e mail. 

Also no chat avaliable,  so stuck with calling for 1 hour each time and getting no where.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Created another 2 e mails today and same thing system not recognised the pass word and e mails not visible in manage my e mail.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Hi @MannyCB, thanks for the update and sorry that you are having this problem and that you've not been contacted back by the support team.

I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team and we'll be happy to help you with this.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Call handling and customer reference issue

I've been on a call for the 2nd time about creating an e mail.

There is an issue for tge customer as there is no call log or incident number for the customer to have as a reference.

Also can't track and monitor any calls as no list of history in my bt.

There should be a call reference given to the customer otherwise will have to go through all the explanation again.

The internal reference call did not detail the e mail address I was having problems with so how could 3rd level have fixed the problem if they don't no what the e mail is to fix.

Can you allocate a customer call reference fir customers when calling and keep the call details on line. 

This is basic IT help ITIL, no wonder tge call handlers get frustrated at asking everything all over again and again and again fir how ever long it takes for users to keep calling.

0 Ratings