cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tabletop
Beginner
Message 1 of 19

E-mail addresses being suspended for not using for 60 days but i check them more or less every day

Go to solution

I have 5 BT Yahoo addresses which i check more or less every day. However over the last couple of days I have has 3 of them suspended, supposedly due to not being accessed for 60 days but I check most days and open mail on frequent occassions. One of the addresses was suspended the other day, which I re-activated, only to find it suspended again today.

Looking at th MyBT page it looks as though it has gone through an upgrade which might me the cause of the issue?

I really don't need this hassle, is there someone from BT that can advise if it is a known issue or unique to me and requires further investigation?

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19

Re: E-mail addresses being suspended for not using for 60 days but i check them more or less every d

Go to solution

Hi @Tabletop,

I'm sorry your emails have been suspended. If you take a look at Why has my BT Email address been suspended or deleted?, this will explain why this might have happened.

If you are using and email client or email app to access your email, it could be the the setting have been incorrect. You can find out more here How do I set up BT Email on my computer or mobile device?

You'll need to make sure that the IMAP/POP3 settings are correct.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
karbra
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 19

Re: E-mail addresses being suspended for not using for 60 days but i check them more or less every d

Go to solution

I'm having the same issue - I check the emails every day, read them, move them into folders etc.

It is now 36 hours since I did an online chat with BT and was told my email address has been deleted and that I will get a call back within 48 hours.

My email address is showing within My BT as being active so I cannot understand how Yahoo think it is deleted???

0 Ratings
TTOts
Message 4 of 19

Go to solution

I have 6 BT email accounts - im not sure why, something to do with when they were set up but 3 have had the same recurring problem you speak of. However 2 days ago it got worse when the accounts that this was happening with started giving the status “sorry we don’t recognise this email” - whether trying to access via iPhone/iPad email set up or webmail.

i have the fault logged within BT email offline dept but not a great deal of confidence that they are able to sort it out. Currently these accounts are completely inaccessible and I am desperately stressed about it as I’ve got some very important emails coming in and one of these accounts I use as a main account for my life!  

Any help hugely appreciated!

0 Ratings
karbra
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 19

Go to solution

I've just messaged BT on their facebook page and they suggested I do an online chat with the email team but I did that on Monday night and they couldn't help which is why they escalated the call and said I would get a call back within 48 hours. The phrase going round in circles springs to mind.

Like you the email address that I cannot access is a very important one as it is my log in for several things such as paypal, ebay, bank accounts. Without it I have no access to these things and am worried about all the changes I will have to make and the hassle that goes with it when you cannot get logged in to things.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 19

Go to solution

@karbra wrote:

Like you the email address that I cannot access is a very important one as it is my log in for several things such as paypal, ebay, bank accounts. Without it I have no access to these things and am worried about all the changes I will have to make and the hassle that goes with it when you cannot get logged in to things.

Can we please put this myth of an email address not being able to be used as a login to other sites to bed. It is just a string of characters that happens to be in the form of an email address. Lack of access to your email won't prevent the use of that string of characters being used as a login elsewhere unless that login requires a response to an email.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 19

Go to solution

If you are unable to login to email here try logging in at mail.yahoo.com.

0 Ratings
karbra
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 19

Go to solution

I was told by BT that my email address had been deleted and therefore couldn't access any of the emails or contacts that were in it. As I use my email address to log into paypal and other websites that need to be able to contact me via that email address this leaves me stuck. If an email address is deleted then an automated response will be sent to anyone who sends to that email telling them it no longer exists (according to someone at BT). The last thing I would want is for paypal to be told that my email address does not exist as they may then close my account. My ebay account uses this email address for contact and payments to and from paypal - I believe it is conditions of use of these websites that you have to have a valid email address. So at the moment I do not have a valid email address while BT attempt to sort it out.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 19

Go to solution

Did you try logging in at either of the urls I posted?

0 Ratings
karbra
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 19

Go to solution
Yes both of them
0 Ratings