Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gordonae
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

E-mail font

Go to solution

Am a very silver surfer. Was OK with Yahoo but can anyone tell me how to set a new default font and size for my BT Mail e-mails.  I change it but it always defaults back.  Advice would be much apprecaited.  Gordonae

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: E-mail font

Go to solution

Hi gordonae,

I believe you need to change this in the options section as shown on this link each time you are drafting an email.

Neil

0 Ratings
gordonae
Beginner
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

Neil

Many thanks for the reply but I am afraid to say that I just do not know what you are saying.  Obviously I have got something either wrong or not quite right but beyond that I just do not know.

Some words or assistance would be of great help

Gordonae

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

If you click on the work "link" on Neil's post it will open up another page that gives you some instructions to follow. You need to scroll down to the part "Changing Fonts" and set them to the size you want.

Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

In other words, they are saying "no, you can't change the default font, tough luck". Don't know why that's so hard to express.....

gordonae
Beginner
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution
Many thanks, at last someone who speaks my language as opposed to computer speak

Gordonae
0 Ratings
MikeFlint
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution
So apart from losing lots of features tied to our BT email address, the "new" email editor isn't as good as the Yahoo one?

Marvellous. Every Little Helps(!)
0 Ratings
annegray01
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution
Doesn't even come close!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
jbancroft1
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

I've just been updated to the "improved" BT e mail set up.

How can they say this is better than the old format....when you can't even alter the font style and size permanently  without it defaulting back to their original setting every time you use it?

There is also an advert shown as an e mail every time you log in now!

I also find it much harder to follow conversation e mails now, compared to the old format

Come on BT this is not an improvement...I'm currently having to revert back to the basic set up, which is at least plain and simple!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

@jbancroft1 wrote:

I've just been updated to the "improved" BT e mail set up.

I think you may find that you have are still on BTYahoo email and not BTMail, which this thread is about. They are two different products and it is important that you know which one you are dealing with because the answer to any problems you have may differ between each product.

If you are not sure what email system you are on you should use this link

http://diagnostics.bt.com/login/?workflow=EmailChecker

If you search the forum you will see threads explaining how to deal with adverts in BTYahoo.

0 Ratings