cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

E-mail from Microsoft Security Team - that my BT e-mail has been accessed abroad - Help!!

Dear all,

Hello! Hope everyone is well.

First time poster here - so please go easy on me for any mistakes or if this is posted in the wrong area etc. 

I am a little bit concerned as I have had two e-mails over the last week from Microsoft that says Microsoft have detected unusual sign in activity under my bt e-mail account in two separate European countries. I have updated all of my various passwords to those suggested by Microsoft, when you change passwords. I have not, as yet, updated my e-mail password (but I will soon), but apart from that, I do not know what to do?

I am a little worried and any help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you all, very much

Kind regards to one and all,

Simon.  

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: E-mail from Microsoft Security Team - that my BT e-mail has been accessed abroad - Help!!

This has scam written all over it!  BT email is nothing what-so-ever to do with Microsoft.

If you have reset any passwords following instructions in the email you need to reset them again immediately and do not use any link provided in the email.

Message 3 of 4

Re: E-mail from Microsoft Security Team - that my BT e-mail has been accessed abroad - Help!!

Why would Microsoft email you to tell you that your BTMail has been accessed from abroad? BTMail has nothing to do with Microsoft and Microsoft has nothing to do with BTMail.

It sounds more likely that you have received a phishing email scam trying to gain access to your account.

You should check that the email address that is purporting to be from Microsoft has indeed originated from there. If you hover over the email address it will show the email address that it came from and if you are checking by logging onto your email account on a web browser if you go to to the menu bar at the top and click on "More" then "View Source" it will show you the full header of the email which will include the senders true address.

Meanwhile do not click on any links in the email.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Hi @Simon-in-SWLondon and welcome to our community.

I would fully agree with both @gg30340 and @WSH . This has all the hallmarks of spam and should be ignored.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings