Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
northerner123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 28

E mail issues Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC92

Go to solution

Hi guys, My BT Yahoo E mail is driving me insane, not only no matter what steps I take for the last week it NEVER remember my log in details causing me to have to sign in every time, but worse its playing games with my E mail connections.

To be specific I have THREE e mail accounts all using the same password and log in details, all have the same POP 3 setting and authorisation settings, all using the correct ports.

But my main E mail address  / password will not be accepted by BT Yahoo whilst the other two work fine. I have not changed anything it just stopped working a week ago.  Phoning BT was a wste of time as I ended up speaking with a chap in India and neither of us could undersyand each other.

Every time I check my E mail  accounts 2 and 3 work fine but number 1 ( the most important) fails and the following box appears

Unable to send or receive messages for the Btinternet (XXXXXXXXXX) account. An incorrect password was entered. The next time you send or receive messages, you'll be asked to enter your user name and password for this account.

Server Error: 0x800CCC90
Server Response: -ERR [AUTH] (#MBR1213) Please verify your account by going to https://login.yahoo.com
Server: 'mail.btinternet.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC92
Protocol: POP3
Port: 110
Secure(SSL): No

(1) the password and user name are CORRECT they worked fine for all three accounts until last week

(2) It doesnt matter how many times I go to the Login on BT Yahoo and sign in it still does not work when I go back to my Win Live Mail the number 1 account is refused connection.

I also have now registered the fault online with BT 4 times in the last week but every time I go to see what progress is being made it says there is no faults recorded on my number !!!

0 Ratings
27 REPLIES
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 28

Re: E mail issues Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC92

Go to solution
0 Ratings
northerner123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 28

Go to solution

Yup as I explained in my original post all the setting are correct and have been double checked,they work fine for two of the sub accounts but not for the main acct.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 28

Go to solution

The reason I asked you to check is you have posted the error which is showing port 110 and no security. BT mail now uses security and outgoing port 465 and incoming port 995

0 Ratings
northerner123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 28

Go to solution

It works fine with the other E mail accounts ? on the original POP settings

0 Ratings
northerner123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 28

Go to solution
DG, I just tried it using your suggested settings and its still the same. accounts 2 and 3 work fine but 1 give the 92 code???
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 28

Go to solution

Hi northerner123,

Welcome and thanks for posting. I can look into this for you. Drop me an email with the details. You'll find the "contact us" form in the about me section of my profile. Once I have the details we'll take it from there.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDavidM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 28

Go to solution

They are not my suggested settings they are the settings that BT are using. If you can log in via webamail it may be that your Windows Live mail account has become corrupted in some way on your computer. Are you able to try accessing the account via another computer with Windows Live Mail or delete and remake the Windows Live Mail account on your computer.

0 Ratings
northerner123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 28

Go to solution

Tried both deleting the account and re setting it up again and tried accessing it through my sons PC with the same results.

E mail 1 says

"

Server Error: 0x800CCC90

Server Response: -ERR [AUTH] (#MBR1213) Please verify your account by going to https://login.yahoo.com

Server: 'mail.btinternet.com'

Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC92

Protocol: POP3

Port: 110

Secure(SSL): No

E mail 2 and 3 work fine !!!!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 28

Go to solution

Must be at BT's end. I suggest you take moderator DavidM up on his offer and he will get this sorted out for you.

0 Ratings