cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
swampiesue
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

E mail not working

Hi I changed MY BT password yesterday because I forgot the password, now I've discovered my emails not working. It says I’ve got wrong password. Simple terms please I’m a computer idiot  

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: E mail not working

Has this just happened because I experienced a problem logging onto BTMail a short time ago but it now appears to have cleared.

How are you trying to log onto your email, is it by logging onto your MyBT or by using the direct log on page as per this link

BT Email 

Are you entering the email new password or using the one stored in your browser.

0 Ratings
swampiesue
Contributor
Message 3 of 8

My email is the bit one it’s open all the time, I don’t know where the email log in is or how to get on there I’m that much of a novice... I’m using my I pad but using BTs email 

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

If you are using the iPad's email app, did you change that password? If not you should try changing it to the same as the one you set for your MyBT.

You do that by going into the email app's settings. 

See link about getting into the settings. 

Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

0 Ratings
swampiesue
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

All I have is an envelope that takes me to my e mails, there are are no log in details they go through  BT I found a link on your other post, but that says not available at the moment. I assume because my emails not working. 

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

There may be a problem with the BT email system.  Leave it for a while then try logging on using the BTMail link I posted in my first message. 

Try using your new password and if tat doesn't work, try using your "old" password. 

If you can log onto your email remember which password it was and if your iPad is still not working use the password on your iPad's email app. You will find where the settings are and how to change the password in the link I posted in my second message.

0 Ratings
monarchjock
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 8

I think BT has got a major issue at the moment. I am having problems logging into the MYBT app asking for authentication , the same with the BTTV app. Email was working with the BT email app but is ok now.

https://downdetector.co.uk/status/bt-british-telecom/

0 Ratings
swampiesue
Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Thanks I’ll give both of those a try 

0 Ratings