cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jtennet
Aspiring Expert
Message 41 of 671

Re: E-mail password rejection

I see where you are coming from with IMAP. As web mail seems, for the most part, to work then maybe IMAP will as well. However, it is not the real answer is it? Using a POP email client ensures that the emails are stored on your computer and are still available if, for some reason, the internet is down. I do have some IMAP accounts but I couldn't run my business solely in this way.

If I didn't have nearly a year to run on my BT Business account I would seriously consider leaving. I have two domains of my own and am now less dependant on any one provider.

0 Ratings
Message 42 of 671

IMHO this nonsense has gone on long enough: I'm feeding all my bt mail account e-mails to google mail, where there will be no such problems.

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings
jtennet
Aspiring Expert
Message 43 of 671

Allan,

Here, here!

Message 44 of 671

I've had lots of friends/colleagues contacting me today by phone about bt mail and its disfunctionality.

The word on the street here, is that we are feeding bt mail to gmail; and in the long run, telling all contacts to use gmail, and to bin bt mail from contacts list.

Edit:-

What a dogs breakfast of a service this seems to have become: I cant help but think its something to do with the 'new and improved' bt yahoo snoop mail Smiley Mad

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings
aussie_guy
Beginner
Message 45 of 671

Hi jtennet,

All I can say is that, yet again Yahoo webmail is unavailable to me on my Mac, yet working fine on my iOS devices and Windows machine. As you are ALWAYS able to log in via webmail, and my problems usually afflict webmail and not IMAP, I think it's very possible that there may be two separate issues at work here.

I should also clarify that I don't think it's an Apple Mail issue, but rather an OS X issue, as my inability to log in to Yahoo webmail (through any of Yahoo's sites, including yahoo.com.au, yahoo.com, btinternet.com, etc) is cross-browser on the Mac, and never - as far as I can tell - occuring for me in a Windows environment.
0 Ratings
aussie_guy
Beginner
Message 46 of 671

jtennet, with my IMAP accounts, while a copy of the email remains on the server until I delete it from my computer, or device's inbox, whenever I connect to check email it downloads a copy to my hard drive that is available whether I am online or offline. Indeed, I thought that IMAP was universally preferable since it ensured your mailboxes are all in the same state no matter where you access them from?
0 Ratings
Johnnymac666
Beginner
Message 47 of 671

Hi all

Don't know if this is exactly the same problem but I keep getting the password prompt panel on Outlook. My Yahoo Mail is set up to forward to Outlook. I have spent hours on the phone with BT Support and they all give me a seemingly reasonable DIFFERENT cause, but none of the solutions work. I have a separate problem with Yahoo which is that some mail goes straight to TRASH!!! I will try to resolve this separately.

One point may be helpful. When the Prompt Panel comes up, it gives username email address and the Password is shown by a number of stars. By almost accident, I counted the stars and there is one more than the amount of digits in my password! Could it be stored wrongly somewhere on the system? Registry perhaps? If so, I am afraid to go there without help.

Crazy thing is I have two PCs and this only happens to my wife's e mail account on her PC and not to mine!

0 Ratings
jtennet
Aspiring Expert
Message 48 of 671

Hi Aussie Guy,

You are quite correct regarding IMAP however, that is not always the default setting. Many people use IMAP accounts without ever downloading a copy.

Anyway, you may well be right about there being more than one problem. All I can say is that, in my situation, having used Apple hardware in all iterations since the Apple II, although there have been OSX problems (many of them), I have never encountered an OSX incompatibility problem BT. I'm not saying you don't have one but that is not my experience. An OSX problem would not explain why my wife and many of my customers are experiencing the same issue with various email clients on various Windows Platforms and there is at least one person with trouble on a Unix system.

BT need to address this and maybe Apple with your issue Aussie Guy.

Anybody heard anything back from support yet? Smiley Tongue

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Johnnymac666
Beginner
Message 49 of 671

Has anyone noticed the lack ofresponse from Moderators AND BT?  Call me suspicious but I reckon the truth is they do not know what the problem is or they cannot fix it!

0 Ratings
smurfggm
Contributor
Message 50 of 671

This has happened to me on and off for many years now, and now it is happenigng every minute, from Outlook 2007 & 2010, on different machines and n btinternet.com & btopenworld.com Email addresses.

I've noticed the service from BT has got worse recently and will definetly be moving to Sky when my contract runs out in a few weeks time !

0 Ratings