Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
johnson65
Aspiring Contributor
Message 321 of 671

Re: E-mail password rejection amd

Making noise here may not be the best way to get support but the more noise that is made, the more likely it is that someone who can fix the problem will get to be able to do something about it. 

Luckily I have my own e-mail address at a website I set up for my family.  That has failed once and was FIXED in 24 hours.

Meanwhile it looks like the recent fixes have shifted the problem around again. Yes I'm getting frequent 'error #OCF013' again.

I wont bother ringing for support as I am allergic to overseas call centres. I shall just shift my mailing lists away and look into what ISP options I can go for in future.

I would suggest those that are all that aggrieved consider that a web hosted address can be shifted from one hosting company to another and that it frees you from ISP dependance allowing you to shift ISP and take the revenue stream away.

That is the best way of getting someone upstairs to take note. Take the money away!Smiley Mad

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 322 of 671

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to confirm that there was an issue with BTY! mail this morning where some customers may have had delays in sending or receiving mail, or had the login pop up show again. This issue has now been fixed, we’re sorry if you were affected by this.

If anyone (apart from those who have already reported this) are still getting password pop-ups please can you send us your details so we can investigate further. You can do this by using our “Contact us” form, which you can get by clicking on my username (it’ll be under “About me”, top-left of my profile page).

Thanks,

Stephanie

Community ModeratorStephanie
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
Brighton_Rock
Aspiring Expert
Message 323 of 671

@StephanieG wrote:
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to confirm that there was an issue with BTY! mail this morning where some customers may have had delays in sending or receiving mail, or had the login pop up show again. This issue has now been fixed, we’re sorry if you were affected by this.

If anyone (apart from those who have already reported this) are still getting password pop-ups please can you send us your details so we can investigate further. You can do this by using our “Contact us” form, which you can get by clicking on my username (it’ll be under “About me”, top-left of my profile page).

Thanks,

Stephanie

Thank you for this but I'm still getting the problem. I will send you details in a PM.

Michael
0 Ratings
GazC
Message 324 of 671

Hi Strephanie,

I have followed your suggestion to use the contact us form - hopefully I will get a fix for the login op-up soon as it is driving me mad today. Outlook is unusable.

Thanks

Gareth
0 Ratings
richard2010
Contributor
Message 325 of 671

Stephanie
It is good that finally someone admits to it being a server problem but wouldnt it be sensible to let all your tech support people know this so that customers do not waste their time being told to edit their mail settings, logon to the yahoo web page etc. and wouldnt it be a good idea to publish this information somewhere, this thread started in July 2011 and I can find no status page from either BT or Yahoo that mentions it - communicate with your customers.
0 Ratings
liam4245
Beginner
Message 326 of 671

This has been bugging me since May last year but yesterday was worst day for it - and still this am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 327 of 671

@liam4245 wrote:

This has been bugging me since May last year but yesterday was worst day for it - and still this am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi. Welcome to the forums.

To be frank, if the problem has been affecting you since May last year, then that really does indicate a local issue. The past few days has been very poor, and also a few weeks back.

Hope you don't mind me asking a few questions.

Is your symptoms always password/username rejection ? Do you access your emails via a browser or email client program such as Thunderbird, Mac Mail or Outlook Express ? What anti-virus or security product do you have ? Do you have more than one mail account, if so does it affect them all ? Did it happen every day a lot ?

0 Ratings
jtennet
Aspiring Expert
Message 328 of 671

Andy,

I think it's fair to say that this has occurred internittently for a number of years. However, I, and my customers, have had serious problems since October, a short respite over Christmas/New Year and back with a vengeance since then.

We are currently working OK since a Yahoo tweak a couple of days ago. For how long I ask myself.

Had a reply from the CEO who believes that this has only affected a 'tiny' percentage of BT customers and they are only prepared to look at my individual problem which, of course, doesn't exist at present. Judging by the number of customer calls I have had in connection with this issue, this must be some new definition of the word tiny.

Oh well ....... another day, another BT saga.

Cheers,

Jim

@Andy_N wrote:

@liam4245 wrote:

Hi. Welcome to the forums.

To be frank, if the problem has been affecting you since May last year, then that really does indicate a local issue. The past few days has been very poor, and also a few weeks back.

Hope you don't mind me asking a few questions.

Is your symptoms always password/username rejection ? Do you access your emails via a browser or email client program such as Thunderbird, Mac Mail or Outlook Express ? What anti-virus or security product do you have ? Do you have more than one mail account, if so does it affect them all ? Did it happen every day a lot ?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 329 of 671

@jtennet wrote:

Andy,

I think it's fair to say that this has occurred internittently for a number of years. However, I, and my customers, have had serious problems since October, a short respite over Christmas/New Year and back with a vengeance since then.

We are currently working OK since a Yahoo tweak a couple of days ago. For how long I ask myself.

Had a reply from the CEO who believes that this has only affected a 'tiny' percentage of BT customers and they are only prepared to look at my individual problem which, of course, doesn't exist at present. Judging by the number of customer calls I have had in connection with this issue, this must be some new definition of the word tiny.

Oh well ....... another day, another BT saga.

Cheers,

Jim

Hi Jim.

Agreed that there have been issues over the years, as there have been with all ISPs when viewing other forums and other news services.

As I've said, I've got dozens of BTinternet mail accounts for various reasons (over 50) which I check with Mailwasher. It is very obvious when there is a server issue when most of them error out. I do see the odd connection problem at other times, but that may be because Mailwasher can check pretty muich all of them simultaneously.

I've seen the Yahoo! tweak, as well as the one I've mentioned a lot - and both do work for most people.

I expect that less that 1 in 5,000 people post to forums such as these, with probably more reading. So the actual amount of affected people is hard to gauge. I would also suggest that most people don't phone up to ask what the problem is, perhaps retrying a few times before success - much like getting an engaged phone call.

There must also be some mail server stats to see how they are doing, including failed access attempts. If so, these latter ones would show massive problems. As it now seems to have been cured, it would be nice to find out the cause.

As I've said before, a few years ago in the newsgroups, whenever there were server issues, many would complain - unlurk themselves to post too. The support people said at the time that they needed a certain amount of customer complaints before the issue was investigated and said that people contact them. I've always advocated that if many are posting about the same topic at the same time, it can only lead to one conclusion. The same is with these forums. It is clear that there were mail issues affecting more than a small number.

There will of course be individual cases where either the server rejects that one access for some reason, or a local issue which can happen.

0 Ratings
jtennet
Aspiring Expert
Message 330 of 671

I agree with you entirely Andy, you couldn't have put it better.

I'm just getting very tired of banging my head against a brick wall where BT is concerned.

0 Ratings