cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wabbit
Aspiring Contributor
Message 561 of 671

Re: Email Password Rejection

Please correct me if I am wrong but Zen emails go via Bt and avoid Yahoo server yes? .. Strange coincidence when after several trouble free months I begin getting popups from Bt accounts and errors on Zen accounts all at once.  In both cases I can assure you 'the connection to the server was terminated' which gave the sign in popup on Bt and connection error on Zen..

Few hours since and all seems well now..

0 Ratings
legacyman
Beginner
Message 562 of 671

After a few weeks with mainly satisfactory service, today, like others have also reported, it is very erratic again.

So what has changed today? Surely not rocket science to get to the bottom of this?

0 Ratings
jtennet
Aspiring Expert
Message 563 of 671

Sorry to disagree but I suspect that your issue is not directly related. I personally have a BT Business account which, similar to Zen, uses BT Servers and I've never had a problem with that apart from the odd transitary error that is to be expected with any ISP from time to time. Plenty of other problems, mostly in regards to billing but that is a different story.

I'm not very familiar with Zen mail but the problem that has been seen with BT/Yahoo and the subject of this forum thread is most definitely a Yahoo issue. The pop up received has nothing to do with termination of the connection. It merely asks for re-input of the password. The connection is not terminated because it never really starts.

You are no doubt entirely correct regarding Zen email but, unfortunately, it has little relevance to the issue here.

@Wabbit wrote:

Please correct me if I am wrong but Zen emails go via Bt and avoid Yahoo server yes? .. Strange coincidence when after several trouble free months I begin getting popups from Bt accounts and errors on Zen accounts all at once.  In both cases I can assure you 'the connection to the server was terminated' which gave the sign in popup on Bt and connection error on Zen..

Few hours since and all seems well now..

0 Ratings
Highlighted
johnson65
Aspiring Contributor
Message 564 of 671

I guess someone out there has 'fixed' somethingSmiley Sad

Law of unintended consequences applies and a lot of us are now getting this problem start up again.

I hope someone from BT management is reading this because when it comes to supplying an e-mail service for your customers, your abilities seem unable  to manage a 'party' in a brewerySmiley LOL

0 Ratings
Cilgwyn
Contributor
Message 565 of 671

Yes, it's back for me too today.  Same two accounts, the primary and one secondary.  The other two secondaries are ok so far.

0 Ratings
Wabbit
Aspiring Contributor
Message 566 of 671

Outlook reports 'connection to server was terminated'  and not 'unable to connect' as you suggest...  Incredimail also reports connection to server dropped from past issues I had with popups..

Strangely enough Zen only showed the connection dropped on one of two accounts and likewise Bt had same issue on one of two accounts..  Even more strange the fact the problem only lasted about two hours this morning where I know other problem free users experienced similar..

Maybe Yahoo's dumping all it's spam on Bt occasionally... haaaaa

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 567 of 671

Hi folks,

Sorry to hear some of you are still having problems with this. Again, if you are affected please send us your details to help us understand whether this is a common issue still existing between a few of you or if they are individual problems. By providing details you help us progress investigations into this, or if its an individual issue then we can help you get it fixed.

Please note that this will only affect @btinternet.com/@btopenworld.com/@talk21.com email addresses so if you're with other ISPs or have a BT Business account this issue won't be relevant to you.

Cheers

Dean
BTCare Community Mod

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 568 of 671

Hi all,

We've been investigating this after reading your reports today and have found that there was an issue with BT Yahoo's POP servers for a period of time today which would have caused this problem to happen again for you. We're really sorry about this.  The issue has been fixed so you should not be experiencing it any more.  If you are still getting the pop up please send in details as outlined above and we'll pick it up.
Cheers
Dean
BTCare Community Mod

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
fuaran
Message 569 of 671

Hi,

I've been having the same issues with my btinternet account.  I can log into webmail, but I can't send or receive using my android phone or Window's live mail.  With phone just don't get anything, with live mail I get a pop up asking for my username and password.  Previously, when this happened, if I logged into webmail and then opened live mail it sorted itself but this is not even working now.

Secondary account works fine, but primary mail account is the problem.

Fiona

0 Ratings
richard2010
Contributor
Message 570 of 671

Dean,

Can you tell us where on the BT status pages we would have found the information about failures of the POP servers?

0 Ratings