cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brinzlee
Aspiring Contributor
Message 601 of 671

Re: Email Password Rejection

So for the record then. Would a moderator please confirm that multiple access is possible from a computer using pop3 and an iPad and an iPhone that is also configured for pop3 access will work. Or is this just more pie in the sky random suck it and see, guess work. I had previously configured one pc using pop3 and an iPhone using imap with no problems whatsoever. It was only adding the iPad using imap that tipped everything over the edge for me. I really would have thought a more professional response from BT seeing as they are one of the top communication companies in the world. Obviously thought wrong.
0 Ratings
Brinzlee
Aspiring Contributor
Message 602 of 671

The sound of tumbleweed after an awkwardly asked question.

0 Ratings
jtennet
Aspiring Expert
Message 603 of 671

Brinzlee,
Problem is (amongst the many) that BT staff rarely look at this forum. It is supposed to be for user self-help. ie. BT users helping each other. As we have all hit brick walls, the help is going to be limited. Indeed, the board moderators who look at this occasionally, always seem to give the same answers. Contact them via the online help web form but, unfortunately, the help is rarely helpful. Sorry to be so negative but, unfortunately, I have little to say that is positive. Although the moderators are generally kind and considerate, my opinion (others may be different) is that they are pretty ineffectual.

0 Ratings
hallsworthb
Contributor
Message 604 of 671

A nice Indian gentleman called me to say that Yahoo don't support imap, so he closed the call.

Bob

0 Ratings
spetitt01
Message 605 of 671

Re: E-mail password rejection

OMG

I have been trying to get my btyahoo account working on Mail for ages.  I loaded Lion, it worked fine using IMAP (much better result than snow leapord which only worked with POP3) and then after months with no problem it stopped working.  I looked at this tip after trying again without success today to conntect and hey presto it worked. Keep me posted as to what the actual problem is.

0 Ratings
jtennet
Aspiring Expert
Message 606 of 671

Re: E-mail password rejection

What tip was that spetitt01?

@spetitt01 wrote:

OMG

I have been trying to get my btyahoo account working on Mail for ages.  I loaded Lion, it worked fine using IMAP (much better result than snow leapord which only worked with POP3) and then after months with no problem it stopped working.  I looked at this tip after trying again without success today to conntect and hey presto it worked. Keep me posted as to what the actual problem is.

0 Ratings
jtennet
Aspiring Expert
Message 607 of 671

Beggars belief doesn't it.......

@richard2010 wrote:

Waiters?

When Yahoo say the don't support IMAP do they mean the same IMAP that they are giving advice on here?

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&y=PROD_MAIL_MOBILE&locale=en_US&id=SLN3361

0 Ratings
lorri66
Aspiring Contributor
Message 608 of 671

I have joined this forum due to the very same problems as everyone else on this thread. I have researched and researched the Internet for answers to fix without much success. Rang bt yesterday but useless. Have emailed moderators today but nothing back from them yet. I have re entered password and username, turned off authentication thing, turned it back on etc etc - nothing worked. It even stopped working on my phone! Been like it for day's (phone only today), anyway gave up went shopping came home and tried again. To my surprise it worked, sort of. Microsoft office downloaded every email on the server even though they had already been received! The only trouble now is if I do manual send & receive it will download emails but keeps timing out on another email that seems to be large (12mb I think) but I can't see what it is on the bt mail page. Anyway as long as it doesn't interfer with other emails I'm not bothered. Oh got it to work in the end by turning off security authentication thingy.
0 Ratings
Andy787878
Aspiring Contributor
Message 609 of 671

I'm another one who has been having this exact same problem on and off for months now with outlook express. It seemed to have cleared up for me over the last week but it's back this morning and worse than ever. I can't download any emails via outlook as I'm writing this, I just keep getting the password login screen pop up!

I've been following this thread for a while now and it's clear to see that BT, like most large companies, couldn't care any less about how this is affecting their paying customers. If they did the issue would have been fixed once and for all a long time ago. I'm actually amazed that this thread is still here at all after some of the censorship that has taken place on other posts! Oh how I long for the day that a viable alternative ISP becomes available in the area that I live in that doesn't have to rely on BT's ancient antique copper network.

But on a brighter note my outlook express has just finally managed to log in after 15 mins !!!!!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
johnson65
Aspiring Contributor
Message 610 of 671

On the whole I am happy that I have my own domain with e-mail provided there. although this last weekend the server failed catastrophically (but at least they owned up to it). I would be more than happy to get my e-mail service elsehere if BT were to do a 'No Frills' broadband only service with no extras, That's how much I rate the reliability. In the past I have been with Freeserve/Wanadoo/Orange and although I have had issues with them, their e-mail service worked fine (and still does as I occasionally use a dialup on my old addresses).

Although Ihaven't had any more problems since my last post, I still see Thunderbird hanging on the authentication from the BT/Yahoo pop servers from time to time.

0 Ratings