cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Meaksy
Beginner
Message 541 of 671

Re: E-mail password rejection amd

My email was working fine on my PC until about 5 days ago. Now it asks me for username and password and no matter what, I cannot get my PC (Outlook 2010 on Windows 7) to sync. However, email continues to work just fine on my iPhone (the same email account).

If I run the BT Broadband Desktop Help thing and reset my password (to the same one) it then allows Outlook to sync with email ... however, the next day I try, it's back to asking me for the username and password and I have to run the Helper again to fix whatever problem it is. Each time I set it back to the same password and it allows me to sync but not until I've run the Helper ...

I have also just discovered that the problem is fixed by logging into the yahoo webmail first, then my POP3 mail on the Outlook2010 client works again ... ?!?!?! What's going on?

Any ideas what changed at the BT end to cause this? Kind of annoying!!

0 Ratings
brakspear22
Aspiring Contributor
Message 542 of 671

Thanks GeneralDisquiet for the info. I will try this and let you know the outcome.
0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 543 of 671

Hi everyone,

I am sorry problems are still occurring with this.

I just want to run over some info that we have previously posted in this thread to update anyone new checking this for info.

As per Yahoo! Policy any one account cannot have more than one active session connected to the accounts mailbox, which includes POP, IMAP or web access The account keeps getting locked from failed login attempts, from one of the multiple devices accessing the account.

If you have made sure that this is not the case please contact the Mod team and we can have a closer look. 

Use the 'contact us' form in my forum profile under the 'about me' section. You can find it by clicking on my username.

Thx

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
jtennet
Aspiring Expert
Message 544 of 671

Craig,

Is that Yahoo policy or BT policy?

I pay my money to BT, I signed up with BT and, as far as I know, I never agreed to any Yahoo terms and conditions. How come my wifes account (and many others) used to get locked when she has no mobile devices?

I have no problems at the moment and I am using, every day, straight pop3 on a Mac (2 in fact), a Windows7 computer, A Vista computer, an XP computer, an iPad and an iPhone.

I'm sorry but this explanation does not cut the mustard.

I'll send this by PM as well.

@CraigS wrote:

Hi everyone,

I just want to run over some info that we have previously posted in this thread to update anyone new checking this for info.

As per Yahoo! Policy any one account cannot have more than one active session connected to the accounts mailbox, which includes POP, IMAP or web access The account keeps getting locked from failed login attempts, from one of the multiple devices accessing the account.

If you have made sure that this is not the case please contact the Mod team and we can have a closer look. 

Use the 'contact us' form in my forum profile under the 'about me' section. You can find it by clicking on my username.

Thx

Craig

0 Ratings
richard2010
Contributor
Message 545 of 671

Absolutely right Jim. My wife also has no mobile device, never connects from any other computer and yet her BT account prompts several times a day. I wish BT would stop attempting to find weasel words and T&Cs to try to excuse their lamentable lack of support and have to guts to tackle Yahoo.

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 546 of 671

@jtennet wrote:

Craig,

Is that Yahoo policy or BT policy?

I pay my money to BT, I signed up with BT and, as far as I know, I never agreed to any Yahoo terms and conditions. How come my wifes account (and many others) used to get locked when she has no mobile devices?

I have no problems at the moment and I am using, every day, straight pop3 on a Mac (2 in fact), a Windows7 computer, A Vista computer, an XP computer, an iPad and an iPhone.

I'm sorry but this explanation does not cut the mustard.

I'll send this by PM as well.

Hi jtennet,

As the post says, this is Yahoo policy.

This was not posted as an explanation simply as a common cause. 

If you have ruled this scenario out then by all means email the mod team and we can look at other possibilties.

Thx

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
richard2010
Contributor
Message 547 of 671

Craig, did you actually check that this is the case before posting Yahoo's T&C? It may be their 'policy' but it is not a technical reality. I have just tested using two webmail logins on different computers, 1 IMAP and 1 POP connection and they all work concurrently so this is clearly not the cause of the problem
0 Ratings
jtennet
Aspiring Expert
Message 548 of 671

And the rest of my comments? What has Yahoo policy got to do with BT policy?
I do not intend to respond to moderators any more and I have already taken legal advice with regard to BT's inability to supply a service that is fit for purpose. I know you are only doing your job Craig but I am sick to death with BT's sloping shoulders. I, and all my customers, pay our money to BT and they should provide a fit and proper service no matter who are the sub-contracters. 
I intend to take this to the national press and through the courts if necessary.

@CraigS wrote:

Hi jtennet,

As the post says, this is Yahoo policy.

This was not posted as an explanation simply as a common cause. 

If you have ruled this scenario out then by all means email the mod team and we can look at other possibilties.

Thx

Craig

0 Ratings
Message 549 of 671

Hi All,

Thanks for the further responses, understand the issue is frustrating for you, but we’d really like to help those still having problems.  Please get in touch and we can go through in more detail.

We have also followed up on the multiple devices part, and had a clarification about the number of devices attached to one account.  You are correct in that it is possible to have multiple devices attached to an account, but the frequency at which these devices are ‘POPing’ email may cause syncing issues e.g. if 2 devices are trying to send/receive email at the same time against a particular account.  Sorry for any confusion caused by our earlier post.

A further suggestion from Yahoo is to try removing your POP settings on each device (if you are using multiple devices), reset your password using webmail and then reapply the POP setting sone device at a time.

As mentioned above, if you are still having issues, please let us know and we can help get to the bottom of them for you.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDavidM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 550 of 671

@CraigS wrote:

Hi everyone,

Thx

Craig

Hi Craig.

I've had quite a delve into the Yahoo! help systems but can't find anything in their policy pages saying that only one active connection is allowed.

Can you give a link please ?

0 Ratings