Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Angel21
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

E-mail says Not secure

HI. 

I hope someone can help me as i can't view my incoming e-mails on bt as they keep saying Not secure on Chrome web browser.

Many Thanks

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
DavidM
Message 2 of 8

Re: E-mail says Not secure

Hi @Angel21 and welcome.

I'm sorry you're having problems with your email. Have you tried a different browser?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Angel21
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Hi. 

I have tried a different browser such as Microsoft Edge , reinstalled  my Chrome , changed my bt password but no joy.  

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

0 Ratings
Angel21
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Hi. 

Thank you for the link, i have read it and it looks like every e-mail i get will still have this problem. 

0 Ratings
jim2000
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

This is a BTMail based problem, probably linked to the rather underwhelming "improved " service their recent changes offered, it is not linked to the browser used.  The system has been written to assume any image attached to an email may have malware etc attached, hence the note and removal of secure lock icon when the email is opened. There is a work around by amending the "block image" option in settings, then it's OK but clunky.

While you can then amend an individual email with images (those on your contact list should (?) show images with no problem) by clinking on "show images" in the mail header, there doesn't seem to be a reverse switch, yet more poorly developed software.

This will be the 3rd or 4th compromise I've had to make to work with the new email system to keep it roughly in line with the facilities I had when they used the Yahoo framework, I could bleat about the Calendar changes, I have muttered to BT but to no avail, apparently the systems guys decide, the consumer is just a tiresome distraction.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

See this thread in particular message 30.

0 Ratings
jim2000
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

Thanks, that nice and clear.

A few issues remain, why has this, possible wise, change happened, it wasn't the case with the Yahoo based system and I don't think (touching wood etc) I had any problems with the less secure approach and why was the change introduced as an "improvement" with several problems.

I can live BT's wish to make a more secure system but why then remove the facility to preview the sender's email address prior to having to open it, I was able to consign unopened iffy stuff to a quarantine folder, hence more secure.  I appreciate I'm drifting off the main topic a bit. 

0 Ratings