cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dislyn
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

E mails have disappeared on iPad and iPhone

9 Oct 19 in the morning all mail boxes worked fine but at lunch time all my past emails have disappeared.  I have received emails from lunch time onwards but no old emails on 4 accounts either BT mail or via my iPad or iPhone.

I have not altered any setting or anything

We have been in touch with BT help people who said change password and this will be fixed with in 24hrs which it has not so now pretty angry especially as this is causing us so many problems time and money in lost bookings flight tickets insurance all gone so now getting angry.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
NeilO
Message 2 of 10

Re: E mails have disappeared on iPad and iPhone

Hi @Dislyn I'm really sorry to see you're having problems with your BT email. If you login to your email on www.bt.com/mail are your old emails there?

0 Ratings
Dislyn
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 10

No nothing before lunch time yesterday on any account bt

or gmail

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 4 of 10

@Dislyn it sounds like your device has possibly deleted them especially if your gmail emails are gone too.  Are you on BT Mail or BT Yahoo? If you're on Yahoo you'll see their logo when you login to the webmail on the link I posted previously.

0 Ratings
Dislyn
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 10

I am on btinternet.com   How can my device delete anything when i was not even home when this happened and other have the same issue  lol.   If this was the case why have the old emails all disappeared from the bt webmail as well this i have logged onto for months

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 6 of 10

@Dislyn all BT emails are @btinternet.com if you login to webmail does it show a BT Yahoo logo? There may be a chance to recover them but the process is different depending on what platform your BT email is on. 

Apple devices usually connect to the BT server using IMAP and depending on the settings this will also delete them from the server when they get deleted by the device.

0 Ratings
Dislyn
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 10

Logged in and have a Bt logo world like on info you sent

i have not deleted anything on iPad or web server and I can not see imap on my email set up which has not altered since I set up 2-3 years ago 

0 Ratings
Matt-S
Moderator-Retired
Message 8 of 10

Hi @Dislyn,

I noticed you mentioned that you cannot see IMAP on your email set up. Can you confirm that you have set the email client up as IMAP and not POP3?

Can you send yourself an email and let me know if it shows in webmail and on the mobile device?

Matt

0 Ratings
Dislyn
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 10

On my iPad Pro e mail is set to smpt mail.btinternet.com. 

Yes email to self on iPad and web server 

its past email that are not showing up. We are now day 2 and not resolved which is causing many issues.

0 Ratings
Matt-S
Moderator-Retired
Message 10 of 10

@Dislyn wrote:

On my iPad Pro e mail is set to smpt mail.btinternet.com. 

Yes email to self on iPad and web server 

its past email that are not showing up. We are now day 2 and not resolved which is causing many issues.

Very strange, it almost sounds like there is an old POP3 account set up somewhere with "remove from server" set up which is downloading and deleting the emails. 

Are you sure that you don't have an old device logged in that could be downloading the emails?

I've sent you a Private Message with details on how you can get in contact with the mod team so that we can look into this for you and find the root cause. 

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings