cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

EMAIL SYNC

Go to solution

My wife and I both have bt emails.Can we sync our emails and how do we set this up? Thanks

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: EMAIL SYNC

Go to solution

That can't be done.

If you both wish to see each others emails, the simplest thing is to use a mail client and configure both accounts on both your devices. They won't 'sync' with each other but both accounts will be in the same place.

Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

How do you both access your emails, is it with a web browser or are you using an email client/app such as you will probably be using on a mobile device?

If you mean synch your emails because you are both using the same email address then yes you can do that by setting up your email client/app on your device as an IMAP account.

If you mean synch your emails when you are both using a different email address then no you can not synch them but you can set your email client/app to be able to access each others email account so that you can see each others emails.

If you can clarify which it is then you can be given advice how to achieve it.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply.

We  have different bt email addresses unfortunately and use a browser on my laptop rather than mobile devices.My wife is a very infrequent user but occasionally receives emails from the doctors,dentist and the like which she doesn't see due to her not checking emails.It would have been easier if the messages popped up on my email.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

If you want to be able to access her email account on your browser within your email account you can set it up to do that or you can have all her emails forwarded to your email account which would put them into your inbox in the same way as your own email arrives.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks for the prompt response.

How do I the latter?Is it simply done so that this seventy eight year old with limited computer savvy can understand?

Richard

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Log onto her email account using a browser. Then go to the settings found by clicking on her username at the right hand side.

When in the settings go to the left hand column and click on "Mail" then click on "Auto Forward". Tick the box "Auto Forward" then enter your email address in the "Destination" box and click "Save".

That's all there is to it.

0 Ratings