cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Smitcham
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Email 550 Spam or Phishing or malware reply

I have been trying to send emails from my BT account for about a week via Microsoft Outlook. All of my emails are returned with the following text.

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject:     test

Sent:  30/01/2020 23:05

Further information regarding this issue, I have established that the issue is with BT servers. Please see entry below:

I created the email account in another 3rd party email program and I received the below error message.

An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded: We're sorry, but we can't send your email. Either the subject matter, a link, or an attachment potentially contains
spam, or phishing or malware. Please check or edit your message and try sending it again. (6-1-3-2) ID (5E23048801CFB3FA). Please check the message and try again.

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

Steve Mitcham on 30/01/2020 23:05

550 spam, or phishing or malware.  Please check or edit your message and try sending it again. (6-1-3-2) ID (5E2B15E000FA2E52)

Can anyone please assist me? I am however able to send emails via BT web servers,

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
NeilO
Message 2 of 5

Re: Email 550 Spam or Phishing or malware reply

Hi @Smitcham, welcome to the community and thanks for posting. That error message may indicate there is something suspicious being included in the email when it's being sent from Outlook if the same email can be sent without a problem using webmail.  Have you ran a recent malware and anti-virus check on your PC to check if it picks up anything?  

0 Ratings
Davidr123
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

I have also received this message, i have to send out 2 emails with same contents since i admin a local volunteer group and BT has max recipients of approx 39 addresses. 1st email has been sent - no problems.

not had this problem before sending the same email to 2nd set of recipients, tonight 2nd message rejected with this error code.

Waiting now for the clock to tick over midnight, i suspect they have put in controls to stop PHISHING emails with multiple addresses and same content. SOMEONE has made a big error in BT where they have not factored in that some of us are not PHISHING or sending Malware emails.

Such poor design BT from BT's IT email team, wish I could take my email to another ISP, but OFCOM havent made it flexible for us to take our email addresses across ISPs! If I could transfer my email i would!

0 Ratings
Davidr123
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

not true, I have tried to send email via Outlook and the online BT Mail service and have the same error.
0 Ratings
Davidr123
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

I have had to amend my 2nd set of emails to my volunteer group into 2 separate emails - so they do not appear the same as the 1st set of 39 volunteers.

Yep the emails went out - no problem.

BT have definitely put Phishing algorithms in place - if they are going to do this they need to factor in that not all people are bogus malignants.

Will they increase the size of the RECIPENTS we can send out - e.g. max 100 people, that would resolve my issue

or

will provide their technical team with an ability to add a given email to a a CONTROL table that enables their software recognised to exclude customer who are not performing PHISHING emails?

0 Ratings