cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Email Account Deleted

My BT email account appears to have been deleted with no warning. I still pay for broadband with bt and I can log into myBT with that email address but clicking on email tells me I am not signed into email and it will not let me sign in. There is a message on My BT saying

" Please change your BT ID username
The email address you’ve been using as your BT ID username has been deleted because you’ve not logged in to it for over 150 days."

However I have regularly been accessing my emails, and have sent many emails throughout the past 150 days, so it has been wrongfully deleted.

I have been trying to phone customer support many times over the past few days and tried the live chat, but keep getting cut off and they say they'll call back but do not. I very unhappy with the customer support or the fact my email has been deleted without warning and do not expect to be treated this way by BT, whilst we are in a coronvirus crisis and as we are shielding this is making life impossible for us as email is our main way to communicate.

I use that email for all my accounts and communication. We are both over 80 and shielding and have been using that email address for a very long time, so we cannot easily change our email now, it is used for all of my accounts, many of which are important such as for prescriptions from the doctors, banking, shopping etc.

Please can you help me to restore the account. It has not been deleted within the terms of service, as I always used regularly within 150 days and was not given 60 days to recover it. Please tell me when you think you I last used it and when you gave me notice to restore it. If it can not be fixed we will have to complain because it is a huge problem for us.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Email Account Deleted

Are you able to access your email by logging onto your MyBT and going to "Your Products" then "Mail, manage"?

If you do the above and it shows your email account what status does it show?

Have a look at this link to see if it helps.

https://www.bt.com/help/email/why-has-my-bt-email-address-been-suspended-or-deleted-

Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Thank you for the reply, on the page on my BT it is not showing my email address at all. It says I have used 0/11 addresses and does not appear under any of the 3 categories (active or deleted or given to friends)

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are very busy at present so it can take up to 24 hours for them to contact you. They will do this by posting on this thread.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Hi @mnvaidya 

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your post!

I'm sorry that your email address has been deleted.  I appreciate the time you have taken up to this point to try and get it reactivated.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings