Did you mean: 
Highlighted
andrew_langdon
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Email/BTID password mismatch

Go to solution

OK this is very frustrating.

My BTID is my email address @btinternet.com and is also down as my favourite in the manage BT email list.  Following on from the Yahoo breach and my password bing a tad old I thought I would change it so managed eventually through BT's system to change it.....with a slight problem.

BTID password - changed

BT email address - non changed.

So now i have the bizarre and frustrating situation of having the same login for both email and bt account but different passwords. I can go to the website and login to email or the BT account page with my new password but not use the updated password through Outlook or my phone.  Both of these are using the old password.  

Anyone have any ideas?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Email/BTID password mismatch

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

If you are still with BTYahoo, your BTID and email passwords are not synced, you need to change them independantly. Email password can be changed here

0 Ratings
andrew_langdon
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

I am on BT email - the checking page says it cannot verify but when i check my email it is through BT and doesnt have any yahoo branding associated with it.

Found email - moved to BTMail on 4th April 2014

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution
0 Ratings
andrew_langdon
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Yes - you get a pin with 10mins to reset.  Thats the way I was able to change my password but it just changed the BTID one and not the email.  Its a tiny flaw that you can have your BTID set as your email but when you change one both dont change.

0 Ratings
andrew_langdon
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Sorted now - here is the fix.

1.  Create new bt.com email address

2.  Switch BTID to use that address which now displays the change password button on the original primary email address list.

3.  Change password on email.

Result - BTID and Primary email address are no longer the same.  I could go through the hassle of moving it back but instead will use this as an opportunity to start moving items away from BT and onto another provider.

0 Ratings