cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Email Client Access to BT Email

Go to solution

Over the last week I have been having difficulty in sending emails using my Mailbird, Windows Mail and Iphone by accessing my Premium Email. Does BT post anywhere a Status of their email service.

Webmail works but not convenient

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Email Client Access to BT Email

Go to solution

If webmail is working as far as BT is concerned email is working.

It may be that your Premium email account has for some reason been downgraded to BTBasic email which can only be used on a web browser.

To check what type of email account you have you need to log onto your MyBT and then go to "Your Products" then "Manage, email"  When the page opens you should see the type of email account that you have. In your case it should show as Premium 

Alternatively you log onto your email account via a web browser then click on your username at the top right and click on "Account Info" then click on "Manage Email Addresses". This will take you to the same page as above and you should see which type of account you have.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

Many thanks for your speedy response.

I have checked as you suggested and my email is definately still Premium.

Webmail continues to work as normal but I am still unable to send emails using Mailbird, Windows 8 and Iphone using different email addresses and so access to the BT Email server would appear to be to problem in all cases.

My passwords for all bt email addresses are the same as being used for webmail.

Does anyone know how I check if BT has a problem?

Regards

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

Are you using a VPN?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

When checking on your iPhone are you using 3/4g or while connected via your BT Broadband connection? 

If it is through your broadband try using 3/4g to see if that works.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

Thanks again for your help. Problem in sending emails is intermittent and occurs when I use 3/4G and WiFi using broadband (I no longer have BT broadband hence my use of BT Premium Email).

Problem would seem to be that the BT server periodically does not accept instructions to send from external client servers.

Incidentally yesterday I downloaded the BT email app which works fine

Do you know whether BT has a link to provide the status of its email server and if so where do I find it?

Again many thanks 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

BT will only show if there is a major outage on their webmail service. It will not show if there is a problem with email clients/spps.

https://www.bt.com/help/check-service-status

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

NoVPN involved

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

Ironically this morning I am able to send emails using 4G but not if WIFI switched on. Any suggestions why this should and how I can fix it.

I appreciate your help

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

Try turning your BT hub off for at least 15 minutes and when it is turned back on it will probably have a different IP address and hopefully be being served by a different email server which may resolve the problem.

0 Ratings